Chapter 25

Hero Charmont

"I'll wait for you," I promised her.

"Don't bother," Luna sighed. "Go have fun. If you have the chance, torment Jonah for me though. I'll sneak around for a look later."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course."

I didn't believe that for a second, but she left for her detention not a minute later. "You coming, Hero?"

"No," I sighed. "I'm going to go wait for Luna."

"Suit yourself," Quinn shrugged.

I didn't leave the dorm until around 9:30, heading to Aurum's office. I sat on a bench not far away. The door swung open not long after. "Goodnight, Luna. Someone's waiting for you."

Luna saw me and grinned. "I told you go on without me."

"I know."

The amount of people clogging the streets made it incredibly hard to navigate but it also helped us blend in. "What'd she have you do? Lines?"

Luna shuddered. "Thank God she didn't. No, we just kind of chatted the whole time. The detention was mostly to satisfy Josh anyways. I don't know why he got so insistent that I get punished, but I definitely lost respect for him."

"Oh well," I sighed. "Let's just enjoy the Festival."

"There are so many people," I commented. "It's so interesting."

"You're such a people watcher," Luna laughed.

"You know I am," I winked. "We haven't been able to talk about the Quest, by the way-"

"Ramin!"

I whipped my head around at the name. Luna must not have heard.

"What is it?" Luna asked.

"Ramin, over here!"

"Hey, where do I know that name from?" Luna muttered.

"Shut it, idiot. Anyone could here you. Aurum is here somewhere," came a harsh raspy voice next to us.

Something brushed against my arm; something hot and ragged. A pair of charred hands flashed past my view and I remembered where I'd heard of him before. Back in our first year, Luna and I had been curious about something called an Elemental.

Ramin Labyrinth was apart of the Ignis Sect, the kind of Elementals that conjured fire. Unfortunately, being an Elemental did not make you immune to your element. You could spot an Ignis from a mile away, just by their charred hands.

I was transported back in my mind, to the last time I'd seen those blackened hands, then, just in a picture.

"That looks disgusting," Luna grunted. I nodded agreement.

"Elementals have the hard life that's for sure. This must be why Ignis are so rare. This is at least why we don't see many. They don't want to deal with the pain," I grimaced.

Quinn rested her chin on the back of Luna's chair, reading over our shoulders. "Who the hell is this guy?"

"An Elemental terrorist," Luna explained. "We're reading up on him. He's a creep really. He burns cities to the ground. Not unlike Ravenbourne. Some people actually think Ravenbourne drew inspiration from him."

"Well, to be completely honest, if I were named Ramen, I'd want to kill some people too," Quinn snorted, grinning. I rolled my eyes at her.

"He's not Ramen," I corrected. "It's pronounced Rah-mean."