Epilogue

Arielle Clements

There was a touch of rosy sunlight on the horizon. The sun was just starting to rise, but I had been awake for hours. The Savannah Sector barely stirred and I made a silent path to the local coffee shop.

No one would be awake. It was a miracle that the place was even open. One waiter stood behind the counter. I gave the guy a smile and I saw him instantly stand up straighter. Either my golden eyes warranted some fear or he was yet another to look only at my physical features.

"Hi," I greeted cheerfully. "Could I get a bagel?"

"Sure thing! What kind?"

"An everything bagel, thanks."

He hassled to grab one and put it on the toaster. I took a seat in the back corner of the shop. He brought it over in record time and I started in on eating it. It was almost five in the morning.

When I had finished, I got up to use the bathroom. No one had shown up yet.

I sat back down at my table and stared at my favorite green tea in front of me. "Hey, I didn't order this," I called after the waiter.

"I did."

My eyes snapped towards the voice. The pale girl sat in front of me, blankness written across her face. "Hello, Arielle," Bailey greeted.

I get school schedules tomorrow!!!!!

See you in August with the next book!