try harder // rm

"You ready for your first day, y/n?" Your cousin Archie asked as he burst into your room.

"Only because i have to be." you sighed.

"Oh come on, it's not going to be that bad! Plus you already have one familiar face and i'll introduce you to all my friends so you won't be a total loner. Plus, you're already on the basketball team so there's more people you know."

You had moved to Riverdale over the summer. You tried out for the basketball team during their summer conditioning and knew some of the girls pretty well. Today would be your first official day at Riverdale High and you were kind of nervous. Starting anything knew is anxiety spiking for anyone. Thankfully, you had your cousin and the girls on the team whom you made friends with over the summer.

"You're right. Let's go!" you threw your school bag and duffel bag over your shoulder. After school practices started today so you'd need your practice gear.

"Nice first day outfit choice. You'll more than likely catch someone's eye." Archie commented.

"That's the plan!" you looked in the mirror one last time, taking in your outfit of choice - high waisted jeans that hugged your curves just right and a sweater tucked into your jeans that fell off your shoulder finished off with some cute booties. You were on the tall side, but you never let that stop you from wearing heels. You weren't insecure about your height in the slightest, choosing to embrace your long legs.

You followed Archie out and down the sidewalk meeting up with a perky blonde.

"y/n, this is Betty. My other neighbor. Betty, this is my cousin y/n. She moved in this summer but was busy with basketball or else you would've met her y now." Archie introduced.

"Nice to meet you. I love your sweater!" she gave you a warm smile as the three of you walked towards the school.

"So give me the mean girls breakdown. Who's with who? Who sits with who? Who should i avoid?" you spit fired making Betty chuckle and Archie crack a smile.

"Cheryl and her Vixens are the closest things you'll get to the Plastics, they've mellowed down quite a bit. Especially after the feud died down. But everyone kind of sits together. There's not real cliques anymore." Betty said.

"Feud?" your furrowed your eyebrows sending Betty and Archie a confused look.

"The North and Southside feud. But after the Southsiders came to Riverdale high everything kind of ended. We settled our differences and everyone's cool with everyone." Archie explained.

"Hmm, interesting. Didn't think that much drama would come out of a town like this."

"You'd be surprised." Betty and Archie spoke in unison.

You continued to chat as the three of you walked to school. Betty told you about everyone in their group of friends so you had a pretty good idea of who everyone was before you actually met them. Even recruiting you to work on the Blue and Gold.

Once you finally arrived at school, Archie went off to find everyone and gather them in the lounge for you to meet, while Betty went with you to the office to get your locker assignment and your schedule.

"You have a lot of classes with me." she pointed out. You gave her a smile following her into the lounge. There were quite a few people in the kind of small space, all of them smiling brightly at you.

"This is y/n. y/n, this is everyone." Betty said taking a seat next to a guy wearing a beanie and jean jacket.

"Ooo, Betty gave me the rundown on the way to school so let me see if i can guess who's who." you said rising a challenge. Everyone nodded in agreement.

You went through everyone in the group, guessing correctly for everyone.

"Damn, you're good. Betty's descriptions must've been spot on or your a psychic." someone piped in from behind you.

"Ahhh, You're Veronica. Archie may have showed me loads of pictures."

"Showing me off, Archikins?" Veronica said with a sly smile on her face, "he showed me pictures of you as well. Archie was pretty excited that you were moving here. Just a little bummed i didn't get to meet you when you did move."

"Sorry, my fault really. Busy with basketball." you responded.

"You're on the basketball team?" a tall, very handsome Asian asked as he stood from his spot to walk over to you.

"I'm gonna guess you're Reggie. Boys basketball captain. I've heard quite a bit about you from the girls on the team. You make your way around, huh?"

"Hmm bragging about me are they?" he smirked.

"Nah, more like warning me about you." you flipped your hair over your shoulder looking to the group.

"I think the only person i'm missing is Josie, which would be you. I'm going to have to hear this voice of yours soon. Betty said it's that of an angel."

"Okay, let's get back to me." Reggie said trying to point attention back to himself.

'I'd rather not." you mumbled.

"Look, whatever they told you might be true but i am a pretty nice dude when you get to know me."

"That may be the case, Reggie. But starting with such a cocky attitude doesn't prove that statement to be true. I'm sure everyone here could vouch for you, but you didn't give off a good first impression. But i won't hold it against you. I did just meet you and i fully believe in second chances." the bell rang and you gathered your bags.

"Come on, y/n. We can stop by the locker rooms and drop off your duffel and then i'll show you to our first period." Betty linked her arm with yours walking out of the lounge.