Ulfric x Reader(Female) ~Mistakes of a Lifetime (2)~

It was almost impressive how bad he'd fucked himself over this time.

He let the idea of the Dragonborn forever on his council run free, and it had slowly destroyed every single thing that kept you on his side.

And now, here he sat.

5 days ago, you took a lethal blow for him.

3 days ago, you'd made him realize just how much he'd done.

3 days ago, he was told you were leaving.

You weren't coming back. Not in the next week, not in the next, month, nor year, nor decade.

Never.

He knew the look that Wuunferth had given him the following night after you'd completely lost it on him.

Absolute disapproval and dissapointment. 

He knew what that meant.

Ralof didn't even look at him when they passed in the hall seconds after the door shut behind him. Ulfric probably would've never truly understood just how he made you feel until he'd heard what he did.

The heart-wrenched sobs that came from that room afterward, Talos above, that hit him hard. Those weren't the cries of a simply upset person, merely sad, or angry. No, that was the type of weeping that came from the mother that had just lost her child, a sister who realized her brother would never be coming home, a wife getting a letter that would swallow her whole with pure, piercing sorrow.

That type of sob was someone who'd just had their entire world shatter before them.

He knew the reason behind those sobs, and Wuunferth's stare. He knew it damn well.

Galmar, unknowing of what had just happened, had attempted to play it off as womanly neediness, but the look of undiluted guilt that had been on Ulfric's face stopped his housecarl in his tracks.

He was disgusted with himself, as he should be.

 There isn't a single way to repair the damage he'd caused, and he wouldn't even try to. No, he wouldn't beg for forgiveness where there was none deserved.

A firm knock landed on his door. "I hope you've come up with something, Ulfric. ____'s setting off."

Ulfric stood from his chair, the very definition of a wreck, and opened the door to reveal Galmar, his battleax once more on his back and face impartial to emotion.

"There isn't anything to come up with," he said quietly, leaving the room with the housecarl following and shaking his head, as if he was sure he had an idea.

What, give you a gift? Try to buy back loyalty from one who doesn't care for money?

Ulfric, honest to the gods, he hoped you'd just slap him straight then and there. Hard enough he'd feel it until the day he died, and then some.

The main hall was quiet when he reached it, the only people in it being you, Ralof, Wuunferth, and Yrsarald, who had surprisingly gotten along with you fairly well.

The small ghost of a smile that had been on your face wiped clean off the second your eyes glanced at him, and he felt his heart drop in his chest.

You get what you give, he reminded himself scornfully as he walked closer. Close enough to memorize the way you didn't meet his eyes, the way you shrunk back, the slow breathing of your chest, the expression of what could only be pain on your face.

And he didn't say a word.

All he did was take a step forward, the warning glare of both Ralof and his court mage following every movement, and embrace you.

Because what else could he do?

His precious words meant nothing. Nothing.

No, apologizes meant nothing.

You'd frozen solid, wide-eyed and startled.

"Find someone who doesn't break your heart to love," he murmured, barely discernible. "Don't settle for someone who did not realize the chances they'd been given until it's too late, ____."

You seemed to take to that statement, returning the hug. "All I need is one who can realize their mistakes and turn for the better," you answered. "That's what matters to me."

"Do not let me hold you back from that."

"You already have you fool. How can I ever find someone else when all I've ever known was you?" 

Tears once more fell onto your cheeks, and you rested your head on his shoulder.

"I'll be back in a month," you quietly whisper, biting back a soft smile.

"And I assure you I will be here," he answered, "though I now see this place will be so empty in the coming month without you."

"I forgive you because gods know Wuunferth won't," you grinned, saying it clear as you withdrew, winking.

"I was expecting a very bitter slap," he stated.

You raised a brow, and seconds later, he barely saw your hand coming before his head whipped to the side, the loud echo of the harsh slap ringing in his ears as his face reddened instantly, a handprint clear and evident.

He stared at the ground, contemplating every choice he'd made leading up to that moment as his face burned worse than any hit he'd ever received before.

Including his run-in with the Thalmor.

Galmar sucked in a breath, "That sounded brutal."

"And well-deserved," Ralof muttered.

"That, my friend, will last for two months. Have fun with it. My parting gift," you state with a wide grin. "It'll turn purple in a few days, then blue and green in a few weeks, and red after that."

"I think you may have adjusted a few teeth," he mumbled.

"Oops," you sheepishly shrug. "I'm off to take my leave, anyway."

"Got a good hand, kid. Glad to meet ya," Yrsarald stated proudly, and you flicked your thumb up, turning around and walking straight out of his home.

Serves him right.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I admit, I liked part one more lol.

But that slap though. Like, can you imagine? That'll be there for weeks.

Damn. You're really hardcore in this one.

Anyway.

Any requests?

Part.... 3??!??!

Okay, that's enough for today. I'm done bombing people with notifications.

Dani out,

Adieu!