#8: All Again

(A/N) Don't ask me 'Who hurt you?'

***

'Cause I can't lie,
I love you still, for all my life I always will,
Even though I know how the story ends,
I'd do it all again...

***

Camila's POV

I always knew that looking back at the tears would bring laughter, but for the life of me, I didn't think that looking back at the laughter would bring tears.

You see, love isn't always flowers and chocolates. It isn't always cuddles in the afternoon or laughing together at three in the mornings. Sometimes it's crying and begging them to stay. Sometimes it's screaming at the wall because you heard something you didn't want to hear and a part of you just breaks on the inside.

It's sometimes staying up late at nights wondering why you were never good enough.

Or it's sometimes self doubting because you want to know what he had that you didn't.

It's sometimes scrubbing your skin at four in the morning in the shower, trying to wash away their touch because you can't stand the fact that they once touched your body.

It's not being able to look at yourself in the mirror because you can't stand the fact that you didn't make them stay. And it's drinking until you can forget their name, smoking until that hole inside of you fades away even just for a little while.

Love isn't always fucking romantic.

It's painful and it'll sometimes tear you the fuck apart.

Love hurts.

I don't know, but I think the worst feeling in the world is when you're truly, madly, deeply in love with someone and you know they don't feel the same way about you. And you don't know why.

"You know what really gets me about all of this?" I looked Lauren in the eyes. We were having this argument, conversation? I don't know what it was, but we were talking about this for the umpteenth time. "Is that, I was fine before you, happy even. Just kind of existing. I don't know." I threw my hands up in frustration. I was sick and tired of feeling all these things towards her. "Yet, you showed up uninvited but yet I welcomed you into my heart. I laid out the red carpet, because I knew you were going to be important to me. And then you left and everything turned to grey."

She left like I wasn't a reason to stay.

But I didn't try to make her stay. I didn't make her feel just how much I truly loved her.