Tale To Tell

A/N I'm very sorry that I have to punctuate here, but I need to mention that I have a new method of doing transitions. I would put nine astrids in bold like this : *** *** *** along with song lyrics that fit the mood/scene during a transition. These lyrics will either represent a character's thoughts or describe the scene itself. Don't worry, I will make sure it fits it and that it isn't too long. Some of these lyrics might be some of my own originals as well so I apologise in advance if you realise I made up some of them but like there isn't a song for everything, right? Let me know in the comments if you like this new transition, or if you have a suggestion or some advice as to how I should do transitions. Yes, I do read them, all of them. And I also have a tendency to reply to everything, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. (Unless I suddenly get ten comments which is unlikely then in which case I would probably take some time to get back to you).

Well, back to our little tale, aye?

-Alex OUT-

For the first time in weeks I decided to go out, but it wasn't because I wanted to either. It was to buy some more things for Pepsi's tank. Pepsi's been growing bigger and bigger, and we started to need an even bigger water dish for him to lie in. So Rythian and I made our way down to the cutlery aisle to buy one. And I regretted it a lot.

People were staring at me as Rythian and I picked out something for Pepsi. I know they were staring at me, judging me. My face was still covered in scars, and I wondered if they thought Rythian was responsible for them. I yearned to cry out that Ivan did it to me, not Rythian, but I knew I had to be logical, like what Clara told me.

Listen to your logical mind, not your emotional mind.

If only it was that simple, but she was right. I had to listen to my logical mind. Even if the emotional side of me starts to infect my logical mind. The medications were supposed to prevent that. Prevent, not halt it completely. I just grabbed a flowery porcelain bowl and bolted out of there.

"You okay?" With a worried kind of tone Rythian asked. I shook my head with a slight shrug.

"I'd be okay once we get home." I mumbled as we left. Rythian rubbed my shoulders soothingly, like he always did. I sure wonder why Rythian always did that, but it always seemed to make me feel more secure.

"We're going home now, don't worry." He said, guiding me to the car as I kept my eyes on the floor on the ground, which seemed more fascinating than anything around me now. The voices of everyone around me seemed so much more frightening now than I finished my medicine course. I had completely stopped seeing Clara. I felt more confident in coping on my own. Or at least, that was what I was telling myself for the moment. The drive home was quiet, I was listening to some music on my phone, my headphones on, blocking out the entire world. I started humming to the music, and I realised that Rythian looked a little awkward.

"Sorry." I mumbled. Then he chuckled.

"For what?" There was no following answer to the sentence. Even though I felt a little guilty for not initiating some conversation. But being off medication made me feel unsettled and worried, so it was all I could do. The silence echoed on loudly, crying out 'You're a selfish fool'. And then again, I knew it was kinda true.

Lunch comprised of leftover chicken and some baked beans, but I picked at my food, pushing it around the plate. I had no appetite. And Rythian noticed.

"You okay?" He asked, but I think he knew the answer too well. I shrugged.

"I'm fine." I said mechanically, and Rythian looked at me strangely for a long time. His grey eyes were piercing into me, burning into my skull like they were trying to pry the truth from me, like a child caught in wrongdoing. I broke a little.