Chapter 15

(Side note: Rhodey had already visited Tony a month prior to this.)

—Two Years and Three Months after "The Decimation"—

Two days after the little incident at Thanos's planet, everybody returned safe. Bruce, Tony, Rocket, and Nebula have been working full time on the time device and it was nearing its completion. All the others needed to do were wait and not attract any major news outside of the Avengers Headquarters.

Steve was inside the training room, multiple punching bags placed on the floor. After some push-ups and sit-ups, he grabbed a punching bag and hung it on the ceiling. With bandages already in his hands, he started punching all his anger into the bag.

Everyone who went to Thanos's planet were scarred. Clint was more insecure than before. Natasha has been more aggressive in her training. Rocket has talked less and worked more. They were never the same when they went to find Thanos. None of them would even say why.

Bruce, who was taking a break, went over to the noise that was produced by Steve's hands touching the hard punching bag. He had a cup of coffee in his hand and leaned on the door frame.

"Do you know why?" Bruce asked, watching Steve work.

"About what?" Steve said, eyes still focused on the punching bag.

"Why none of them are speaking enough. It's like you brought in a whole new group of people."

"They won't spill. I tried to ask Natasha but she doesn't want to talk with me. Same goes for Clint."

"We tried Rocket, but he only speaks when he needs something. Do not even bother asking him about what happened," Bruce lightly shook his head and sipped on his coffee, "that animal can kick ass."

"You just noticed now, Banner?" Steve said, starting to produce loud noises on the bag, "Have you seen Danvers?"

"Last time I saw her, she was talking with Nebula. At first I thought Nebula was going to be a pain in the ass, that's what Tony said," Bruce paused, "But so far she's been quiet and all work."

"She just wants this over. Just like you. Just like me." Steve panted as he took a short break, "Everybody in this building wants this to end."

"That's true, I would say." Bruce walked closer to Steve so he could speak in a quiet tone, "So, have you talked to Tony?"

"No. I haven't." Steve muttered, throwing a hard punch on the bag which knocked it off the chain. Sand started flowing out of the top of the bag as Steve watched, "I don't plan to either."

"It's been three months, Steve. Three months since he's back and you two haven't fixed the shit that you left two years ago."

"If only you were there, Banner. You would understand why we aren't talking." Steve said.

"If it's about blamed friends and dead parents, that's all in the past, Steve. You really think that you can bring it back?"

"My friendship with Stark, do you really think that we can bring it back?" Steve said, which left Bruce speechless, "Just as I thought."

"Somehow, some way..." Bruce looked at Steve, "You're going to find-"

"Hey Bruce!" Scott called from the doorway, "Tony's calling you. He wants you right now."