Chapter 4

—One Year and Seven Months after "The Decimation"—

Steve, Thor, and Natasha brought a van driving towards the place of where the explosions were heard. The electricity was out, making every street as dark as an alleyway. The fire that was building around the skyscrapers were used as a guide to the origin of the explosion.

People were running away from the fire, which was making it easier to find the origin. They traced it towards a large bank in the middle of the city. Cops were pulling people out of the building and sirens could be heard in the distance.

The three heroes got out of the car and started helping the police. Steve walked up towards the chief and greeted him.

"Officer." Steve said with a worried look on his face.

"Steve Rogers?" The Officer started to look around, "Aren't you supposed to be in house arrest?"

"Huge explosion and multiple injured?" Steve questioned, "I can't sit this one down officer. And besides, the lights are out."

"Well, I can't say no to help." The Officer sighed and walked Steve to the entrance of the bank where multiple armoured police were waiting, "A dozen armed men walked inside the bank and proceeded to open fire to scare the civilians. So far, there are none dead but we haven't made a thorough sweep of the building. We would appreciate it if you can stop them."

"And the electricity?"

"That's another investigation happening on the other side of New York. But we need you to handle this situation first."

"Alright." Steve walked up to Natasha and Thor who were helping some of the hospital personnel, "Dozen armed men. We can do this."

"I didn't bring Stormbreaker, but my might will do." Thor said.

"I brought my batons. Let's do this." Natasha said.

Steve, Natasha, and Thor climbed up to the roof. There was a large glass part of the ceiling where they were planning to enter through. Steve and Natasha peeked through the glass to see how many people were there.

"Five people watching over the hostages." Natasha confirmed. "I would assume the other seven are getting the money."

"No, look." Steve pointed, "I'm pretty sure five are getting the money. The other two are watching the back entrance."

"Ten dollars says you're wrong." Natasha muttered.

"You're on." Steve chuckled and looked at Thor. "So, this is the plan."

While the three heroes were discussing the plans on the rooftop, the criminals were busy doing their job inside the bank. There were thirteen hostages being held inside the bank which they could use to escape.

All entrances were blocked by the criminals except the front door. Suddenly the door opened and Natasha slowly walked inside the place.

"Don't shoot! I am unarmed." Natasha stated. "I am a interrogator looking for a deal."

"What kind of deal?" A low voice asked from the group of criminals.

"A deal where everybody gets out of here safely and unharmed."

"Spill it or we'll shoot you right now."

"Easy there, partner."

"We are not partners." The criminal argued, "Say it!"

"You let these civilians leave and we'll give you ten minutes to get out of here with the money." Natasha smiled, but the criminals weren't buying the offer, "Don't worry, I even asked the mayor."

All the criminals whispered to each other whether they would take it or not. After some more conversations, they settled on letting the civilians leave. The hostages were thanking Natasha as they left the building. Once all hostages left, Natasha still stood there and smiling.

"What are you still doing here?!" The criminal asked, "You should leave, now!"

"I'm just closing the deal, honey." Natasha smiled and brought out two guns and started shooting.

Thor crashed through the glass ceiling which surprised the criminals. Natasha injured three criminals who were fazed by Thor's arrival. Steve followed behind Thor and they were clearing house. They didn't kill anyone but they did provide blows that needed medical support.

All of the criminals in the lounge were injured, and three criminals came out of the back entrance. Steve easily took care of them and once he did, Natasha looked at him.

"The ten dollars will be given in HQ." Steve scoffed.

"Thank you very much." Natasha chuckled.

"Then that means there are five more men in the vault." Thor said. Before they could enter the vault, a man in full Kevlar armor was holding a mini gun, ready to shoot at them, "Oh sh-"

Steve and Natasha dove towards the floor as the mini gun started spraying on them. The billets ricocheted off of Thor and he was not moving. He threw Stormbreaker at the criminal which sent him backwards with a lot of force.

Steve and Natasha got up and finished the rest of the criminals. They were easy to handle because they were the ones who weren't holding guns. They collected all of the money and walked outside where they were met with a loud applause. The police walked inside to arrest the criminals but that was where the chaos began.

"Mr. Rogers! Can you please tell us the events that happened in Wakanda. Were you present during that battle?" A reporter asked.

"What? We were not included in the battle of Wakanda." Steve said nervously, as dozens after dozens of reporters flanked them.

"Are you sure? We received intel that Col. James Rhodes stated that the Avengers caused the disappearance of millions of people."

"What?" Steve turned around and looked at Natasha. "When did this information release to the press?"

—One Year and a Half after "The Decimation"—

Thanos was farming some crops as the sun started to set. He was having quite the time on his planet of rest. He had been growing crops, having peace, and enjoying life as it should be. The sun was a sight he could never stop enjoying.

But there was this missing piece in his body that he missed so much. The power of the universe in his grasp. He found so much joy arriving at the end that he missed how he got here.

Thanos stared at the sun for a moment, before placing his rake down. He passed by the scarecrow which bore his armor that he never used. He glanced at it for a moment but a frown appeared on his face.

He threw his towel on the table and walked towards the wall where he reflects on himself. The burnt gauntlet was sitting there, reflecting at Thanos. His journey just so that the universe could be balanced has ended, but he missed the time when he was doing his best to do it.

Thanos sighed.