Chapter 1

-Moments after "The Decimation"-

Steve ran inside the Wakanda facility wherein Shuri had tried to remove the Mind Stone from Vision. There were two piles of dust lying in the facility. The window was broken and there were weapons scattered across the floor.

They were in shock. Nobody knew what happened, besides the fact that Thanos had won. He did what he said he'd do. Thor missed his opportunity, but nobody could blame him. There must have been some things he has been through since his last visit.

Bruce and Rhodey followed behind Steve and looked around the floor.

"Steve, what happened? Where is everyone?" Rhodey asked, scanning the room.

"They're gone. Half of them vanished into thin air." Steve let out a huge sigh, "Is this happening everywhere?"

"Look." Bruce said softly, looking out of the window of the lab. There were Wakandans on the battlefield, staring at each other in confusion. Brothers and sisters fallen into the unknown, "Something bad is happening."

"Is this really happening to half of the population? Maybe, it's just happening in Wakanda." Rhodey argued.

"No... no." Bruce looked at the both of them, "Thanos talked about balance. It's like the universe started over again. Half of the universe's population, gone at an instance. He wanted the stones, Steve, for a reason."

"To give balance to the universe." Rhodey muttered then turned away. He covered his mouth with his hand, "I need to call... the government. We need a next move."

Rhodey walked out of the room and whipped his phone out. In an instant, he was in a conversation over his phone.

"We can't rebound from this, Steve. This is..." Bruce sighed, "this is the endgame now."

Meanwhile, outside the facility, Natasha was tending to Thor and Rocket. Rocket has been injured during the fight against Thanos, and Thor was hallucinating.

"Can you stand?" Natasha asked Rocket. Rocket shrugged Natasha away. "You won't get any better if you're against me."

"I can stand, missy." Rocket wiped some tears away from his eyes. "Groot." Rocket muttered.

"Who's Groot?" Natasha asked. She looked at Thor.

"A friend of mine and a very deep friend of his." Thor discreetly said, sitting on a wooden log, "We lost."

"All of us did. We can't do anything about that. But we have to keep on fighting." Natasha said.

"But..." Thor sighed, "there is nothing left for us to fight for."

Natasha sighed and sat beside Thor.

"Maybe there's no hope at all." Natasha looked around. There was dust floating around the air, "Maybe this is the end."

Thor dropped Stormbreaker and it fell to the ground, "I thought that axe would kill Thanos. It almost did. The missing part was my will to do it."

"Everybody has their revenge." Natasha exhaled, "You lost something since you've left, right?"

"Yes, many things." Thor looked around, smiling. "My father. Then Asgard. My best friend. And then..." Thor sighed deeply, "my brother."

"Loki?"

Thor nodded in silence and began to weep. Natasha patted Thor in the back as his tears flew out faster.

Steve walked slowly out of the facility and saw Thor and Natasha sitting together. Rocket walked towards the cliff and stared at the sunset that began to fall. Rhodey was somewhere in the forest, calling some old contacts. Bruce eventually followed Steve outside.