Chapter 20

—A few years after "The Decimation"—

Steve finished watching Fury's pep talk with Loki and he continued to watch the camera with a menacing look.

"He really grows on you, huh?" Bruce chuckled.

Steve looked ahead, "Loki's going to drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?"

Thor was standing still, arms crossed, "He has an army called the Chitauri. Unknown to Asgard and any world unknown." Thor looked at the three near the table. "He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth in return, I suspect the tesseract."

"An army from outer space. So he's building another portal." Bruce played with his glasses, "That's why he needs Erik Selvig."

"Selvig?" Thor asked which made Bruce look at his direction.

"He's an astrophysicist." Bruce answered.

"He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell— same as one of ours." Natasha grunted.

"I want to know why Loki let us take him." Steve looked at Natasha, "He's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats. I could smell crazy on him." Bruce said.

"Have care of how you speak to Loki. He's beyond reason but he is of Asgard; and he's my brother." Thor said.

"He killed 80 people in two days." Natasha added.

"He's adopted."

Meanwhile, in the ventilation unit, the group of travellers were listening from above. They used Scott's ants to travel to the Helicarrier before it went to camouflage mode. The five of them were coming up with a plan. Once, Tony went into the conversation, they stopped listening.

"So, Stark and Banner are going to the lab to examine the tesseract." Steve told the group, "Our goal is to get Loki. Understand?"

"We got it." Natasha said, grabbing her batons, "C'mon, let's go, Banner."

"Looks like I'm going with her, I guess." Bruce started following Natasha.

"What's the plan, Cap?" Scott asked.

"Follow me. Thor, you stay here and keep on listening on what their saying. Give us intel if anyone of them are moving. If everything goes to shit, you get out of here and help. Got it?" Steve commanded.

"Will do, Rogers. Good luck." Thor said, as Steve and Scott moved towards the hangar.

Steve and Scott carefully moved towards the hangar. There moved in the ventilation systems instead of the hallways. It was lurking of S.H.I.E.L.D. soldiers and pilots. One small step could alert all of the Avengers from the past.

When they reached the hangar, there were ships being prepared. Attacker jets were already ready to launch. Pilots were on standby for any emergency attack. Suddenly the alarm went off and the siren reported they should help on the control room.

"Natasha, what the hell is going on?" Steve asked through the earpieces.

"I got some hair dye and Bruce hacked into the system in my room." Natasha reported.

"We'll keep on doing whatever your doing because the hangar is free. Just keep them there longer."

"I'll try."

Steve and Scott proceeded to search ship from ship, which had enough space to hold all of them. Someone woke up from one of their ships and walked outside. Steve grabbed him out of the ship and knocked his head on a crate.