Chapter 11

—Two Years after "The Decimation"—

Tony was checking on what Bruce had been making for a few months. Bruce had used most of the resources that was available inside the facility. He throughly checked the machine and there were a lot of problems with it.

"So, did Bruce use all the resources for this or just most of it?" Tony asked.

"Most of it." Natasha answered. "Why?"

"Because..." Tony pulled a chip from inside the machine, "this machine is shit. We use this for time travel and we'll just get our bodies ripped apart. Might as well build a new one."

"As long as we can get to the right time." Natasha sighed, giving Tony a wrench. "What are you planning now?"

"Remember B.A.R.F? The thing I showed you like four years ago? We can use that along with the Quantum Realm." Tony started removing the parts of the machine.

"And how do you know that?"

"I went to MIT, Romanoff. I know my shit." Tony chuckled.

"And do you think your MIT skills will help you solve the disappearance of half of the universe?" Natasha joked.

"I hope to God it does." Tony said. "So, what's been going on since I left Earth?"

"First of all we lost against Thanos. Scott came back to us. Thor went back to find the Asgardians. Bruce started working on that." Natasha finished. "That's about it."

"You seemed like there wasn't a lot going on. You should ask me what I've been up to for the past few years."

"What were you doing?"

"Living in a spaceship in the middle of space doing absolutely dog shit." Tony laughed it off. "I was living the time of my life, Romanoff."

"Oh, I bet you were, Stark. Eating god knows what was in that spaceship."

"Alien liver." Tony said and Natasha seemed disgusted, "I have to admit, that did taste good."

"Really?" Natasha sarcastically asked, "You should get me some the next time you go to space."

"Oh I promise you dear, I will not be going to space any time soon. That place is a nightmare."

"I remember you ranting to me a couple of years ago that you would love going to space."

"That was years ago. Good thing I experienced it already."

"Yeah. For two years you experienced the whole space tour." Natasha joked.

"And it was quite the bore." Tony removed another chip from the machine, "This costs a lot and Bruce is using it like its recyclable."

"We didn't know that costed a fortune. You're usually the one who is buying all the stuff for us. We just use it."

"Can't judge you with that." Tony said.

The back door opened and Tony and Natasha stopped talking. Tony placed the wrench on the table and exited the lab. Steve was the first one to catch Tony's eyes. He was followed by Rocket, Scott, and Carol. Natasha exited the lab and instantly felt the rivalry back to full motion once Tony and Steve's eyes met.