Chapter 13

—Two Years and Two Months after "The Decimation"—

Storms usually go on for four months on the planet that Thanos inhabited. He was sitting inside his shack as water dropped inside. He had been working four hard months on the vibranium weapon he had made. It had two sharp points on both ends and was to be held in the middle.

Once he was finished, the rains were still strong but not as much as two months earlier. The storms were so deadly that the shack began to give up but not entirely. His gauntlet was still stuck to the wall but almost fell off at some times.

The rain settled down for the first time in six weeks and it started to drizzle. This would last for about four hours before the rain would come back at full force. Thanos returned outside while holding his new weapon. There were some animals walking around his crops, searching for something to eat.

"Shoo!" Thanos shouted at the animals but they did not move. The animals on his planet were more fierce than other planets. Thanos sighed.

With little force, he threw the sharp weapon and it pierced the skin of the animal. The others ran away off into the forests nearby. Thanos walked towards the animal, as it slowly bled and started whimpering at Thanos.

"I'm sorry..." Thanos muttered and grabbed his weapon out of it, "little one." Once more, he stabbed the animal in the stomach.

—Avengers Headquarters—

Scott woke up in the afternoon as it started raining. It irritated him but he realized the rainfall didn't wake him up, it was the sound of gunfire coming from within the facility. There were also muffled sounds of what seems like a new building being built, but it was obviously coming from the lab.

After grabbing some coffee from the table, he walked over to the gym where there were many equipments. When he went in, he walked over to the room beside it where there was a shooting range and a nice view of the sunset. Scott peeked inside the range and saw Natasha, hair tied back, shooting the target with perfect precision.

When the range was over, Natasha realized that out of her ten shots, two missed the middle. She sighed deeply and muttered, "You are a failure."

"Don't you think you're being too hard on yourself? I mean you just missed a few shots from the middle." Scott said, sipping his coffee.

Natasha scoffed and grabbed two boards with all the shots hitting the middle, "These are from Rogers and Barton. Look at mine, I missed two."

"C'mon, it's hard. But I think I can do it." Scott placed his cup on the floor and walked over to Natasha. She placed the ear protection on his head and relaxed his arms. Once he was ready, Natasha placed a new board and moved out of the way.

"Just don't get pressured." Natasha smiled sarcastically and Scott scoffed. Scott started shooting and only one bullet almost went in the middle, "You can do it, huh?"

"Didn't you hear me say 'I think'?" Scott argued. He looked at his board, "At least one almost went in!"

"Let me show you." Natasha forcefully grabbed the ear protection and gun. "Will you grab me a board?"

"Will do, your highness." Scott joked and placed a new board in. As he was placing it in, Natasha started firing at the board which made Scott flinched, "What the hell, Natasha!"