Chapter 23: Insulting yourself.

-1984-

"Sh*t! Their brain waves are faltering!"

I looked to where Dr. Diaz was looking at. F*ck, we're doomed. I try as my best to stay clam, but I seemed to be overdoing it. Too much stuff has been happening, we're hiding from West, or Dr. Cooke, if you all can remember. All I can say is that he's the villain of the story.

"Too much exposure from the future, or whatever year they are now, can make them forget bits and bits of their memories.." Dr. Diaz whispered, as she shook her head in defeat.

"West didn't prepare them enough for this, David, we have to get them back." she said as she looked at me, and I nodded. Vigorously. I'm nervous, we're the heroes on this, and if we don't get them back sooner, they'll come back with an amnesia. Theres no knowing how amnesias last, but in their case, it might be permanent.

And that might affect their careers..

"About the sending signals idea you brought up.." I spoke, "Any chance we can send them verbal signals?" I asked, and Dr. Diaz lit up,

"It's tricky, but possible." she answered, and I nodded.

"Let's do it then."

"But who should we send the signals to?"

I hesitated, "To the member who's responsible enough to lead the others."

>>
-2018-

"Why would you guys come up with something like that?"

Roger looked down, nervously, fiddling with his thumbs. Yes, the best band in the world; Queen, is being scolded right now like children- well, maybe adults. Doesn't really matter, does it? The 4 was sitting beside each other in the sofa, Freddie looking bored while being scolded, he just didn't know what was the point of all of this, even the older bassist stayed quiet.

They were still wearing their hospital outfits, making them more uncomfortable with the situation.

"Did you hear me, Fred?" the older guitarist asked. He was very disappointed at the 4 of them, even Deaky who which didn't deserve being scolded right now.

"I can f*cking hear you, Brian, you're right in front of me!" Freddie exclaimed, rather angrily. "It was my idea! Let me take the blame, and leave the 3 alone!" he said, looking straight at Brian. The younger 3 members were actually surprised by Freddie's actions, I guess they were really a family after all.

The older drummer sighed, "Take it easy on them, Bri." he reassured, putting a hand on his shoulder, calming Brian. Which was weird, since no one could do that except Anita. The older Brian sighed, "I'm sorry, but I just can't let you  guys go outside anymore."

"It's fine, darling.." Freddie spoke, instead of arguing, he gave in. He was tired of arguing with Brian since, even before they got into this time-machine shenanigans.

He did the unexpected, and just really hugged the guitarist, then he hugged back, "For 27 years, Fred, I hadn't seen you, and now, I can't believe I'm treating you like this."

That sentence made Freddie a little weak, he had forgotten about that, but the guitarist tensed up. He didn't know that Freddie knows about his death, and now the older Brian is regretting every word he had just said.

"I already know." Freddie said, which kind of made the atmosphere a bit heavy again.

"Do you guys know who Vanilla Ice is?" the younger Roger decided he had enough of this mushy stuff, when that sentence left his lips, the older bassist and the drummer groaned.