Chapter 38: The fanfics were right.

-

The 4 decided to go back in the hotel. They chickened out. And when Freddie broke down on that pavement, they decided to not wander around. It might make him worse.

They entered the hotel with such devastation and sadness weighed on their shoulders.

Freddie took a deep breath, and sat on the bed. "Darlings.. i-if I'm really gone, or whatever the f*ck happened to me," he looked at the 3. The 3 where he now called his family a long time ago. "I want you guys to stay together, alright? Please don't end the band because of me. I want you guys to continue. And if that time comes, might as well just end it. But, please, stay together. You all might not be bad for three aging rock stars."

Roger sighed, "Freddie, don't say that please. We're going to fix this." Brian sat next to Freddie who looked like he needed a hug, and put his arm on Freddie's shoulder. Freddie tiredly put his head on Brian's shoulder.

"Oh, Brian. What would I do without you?"

"Then, you wouldn't have these amazing guitar solos on your songs."

John chuckled at Brian's response, while Roger was bubbling with jealousy.

Jealousy? No, no... I'm not jealous. Tsk! Shut up!

Roger whipped out that rectangular device that had a button to know David they need to go back. He examined the device which the light on top was red, just like David said. Press the button, it'll turn green. Then, they can go back, and might even slap David on the face for sending them in the wrong year.

He put the device down the device and shuffled through his pockets and saw a paper that fell. He thought it was his song draft, so he picked it up and thought he'd work on it. He reluctantly picked a pen.

Roger opened the paper and ignored the 3 bonding or whatever they were doing. His eyes widened,

I wouldn't really write the instructions now, would I? Well, before I do, I need to warn you Roger.

I was supposed to send you 4 to 1987, but I thought you need to know when Freddie dies. He died 2 days ahead of the date you guys are sent. I sent you you in 1991 to get an evidence of when Freddie announced that he's diagnosed.

Don't tell them, please.

Trust me, it'll change. I know it wasn't necessary to send you there, but I had to. I know you kept the newspaper, keep it. And please, press the button as soon as possible.

P.S. don't slap me please.

- David (bowie?)

Roger bit his lip, that son of a b*tch! How did he even know he's going to slap him? He turned to the 3. "Hey, I know it might be too soon but we're going back." He waved his device around.

John sighed in relief, "Thank God! I just want this to end already."

This isn't even the end.. Roger thought. He seriously hoped all of this was just a horrible nightmare. He might've tried it before but he pinched himself. No such luck.

"Well, what are you waiting for Roger?" Brian asked, he was still holding Freddie close. It took willpower to not grimace.

"Okay, okay!" Roger shoved the paper to his pocket, hoping nobody saw it.

"What's that paper you got there, dear?" He looked at the paper with curiosity. Roger's eyes widened with fear,

"Oh, uh. It's nothing. I'm just writing a song draft, not important." he chuckled dryly, accidentally making eye contact with Brian.