Chapter 35: Leaving home ain't easy.

-

March 9, 1984

"Get in! Quickly!"

The 5 made their way to the doctor's car. They started to get in, but David became a little impatient. He put a hand on Roger's head and forcefully pushed him down so he can quickly sit on the backseat.

"Oi, watch it!" Roger grumbled. The doctor muttered a little 'sorry', but Roger was sure he didn't meant it.

David sped walked on the driver's seat and without wasting a second, he started the car, and stepping on the gas pedal.

"Now, can you tell us what's going on?! 'Cause I'm about to ditch this f*cking sh*t right now!" Freddie exclaimed, while threatening them to open the car door and possibly jump.

"Can you shut your gay a**, Fred?!" Roger said, while scratching his head in a irratable manner.

"Ey, watch your mouth!" David looked at both Roger and Freddie from the rear view mirror. "I'd never thought the famous Freddie Mercury would act like this!"

Brian and John seemed like they were about to give up at this point. For many years, they didn't even know how they put up with these two.

"Of course, I would f*cking act like this if I don't know what the f*cks going on!" Freddie crossed his arms.

David sighed. Well, this is going to be a long day.. he thought. He gripped the wheel and drove on a much more secluded place. The 4 looked at the window and didn't seem to recognize this part of London.

"Okay," The exhausted doctor spoke, "I'll tell you what's happening right now. You guys are back, here. Where you guys are supposed to be. Assuming John told you," He said, referring to Freddie, "and Brian about you guys not suppose to be there-"

"Tell us what?" Brian asked.

The doctor groaned, "John, you didn't tell them?!" John shifted uncomfortably, "Doesn't matter now.. I'll tell you two. To make the story short, you guys weren't supposed to be there. A doctor named Dr. Cooke and I had already picked our little specimens to test the machine. But I didn't know that after that, Cooke still had the drugs that suppose to put the specimens to sleep. The specimens we're aware that they'll wake up in the future world, but you guys didn't."

He sighed, "I tried getting Cooke to bring you guys back, but since you just been there for minutes, we can't bring you all back without severely damaging your brain. But what I didn't know that in the future this machine would still exist. My actual self was right in front of me but like from 34 years from now.. if he was really me then-"

"I-Isn't that going to create a paradox or whatever they called it?"

David put his hand through his hair, "The thing is.. that machine was just a simulator. It's not a real time machine, you seriously don't go to the future. It might seem real, but it's not. That's why you 4 woke up with those sticker things- you think you might've have gone 34 years from now but no the machine made you think you all were. But the whole time you guys were right here." David stopped and looked at the 4, they were looking at him unbelievably. "The twist is, the machine has the power to change history like a real time machine..."

"Y-you lied to us?" Roger shook his head, he couldn't believe this. He thought he was actually in the future, but plot twist! They were never there, but another plot twist is that the machine can change history just like a time machine, what the hell?

"Please listen to me! About the one where I saw myself, but 34 years from now in the same room as me.. he probably still had this machine. He talked to me and warned that.." David looked at Freddie, "That Freddie died from AIDS.. and he said it was one of the devastated things that happened in history. He told me that if I had bring you guys back early, and send you 4 to 1987 where supposedly Freddie received this virus called HIV.."

"And you want us to stop that from happening?" John asked.

David nodded, "Yes.."

"How do we stop that virus from getting transmitted to Freddie?"

"My future self had said that HIV is passed by sexual intercourse... and not all people that got HIV turns into AIDS, but Freddie did.."

Great, John thought, Why don't I just go and sweep Freddie of his feet, and already have a relationship with him? That might help us avoid that. And Freddie always have different person on his bed most of the nights, sh*t, this is tricky..

"Maybe the better question is, how do we stop him from getting the virus without him knowing that we're from the past?" Brian shifted in his seat, feeling his rear to become a little sore from sitting down for a long time.

"How 'bout disguises? I can be pretty good at those," Roger suggested, while Brian shook his head.

"Remember in '75 where you almost got ambushed by a bunch of fangirls while you we're wearing a fake moustache? Roger, you're not good with disguises."

"What about that one time you told us to change our looks when we were in the 'future'?" John suggested.

"Wait," David said, "I know you 3 had met your future selves.. which is seriously dangerous, because the encounter will create a time paradox!"

"What's that suppose to mean?" Roger and Freddie said together at the same time.

"Let me continue! The result could which create a chain reaction, that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the whole universe!"

Brian put his hands on his face, "We've already done that.."

"I'm stil confused!" Roger retorted.

"It means," John emphasized the word 'means', "that when we get old, there's a chance that we meet the 1984 us again. It's a loop, us meets 2018 us, we get old, we meet the 1984 us. Now, does that make sense for a pea sized brain of yours?" Freddie scoffed at John's reply.

Roger huffed, "I- yeah, I get it.."

David nodded, "To stop that from happening, I'm going to have to destroy the time machine. So let's use it while we can alright?"

-

Sorry, it's a bit of a short chapter. School's killing me, and taking care of my baby sister is on the way of me writing a chapter.

So soRRY. IS THE CHAPTER CONFUSING? I CAN EXPLAIN TO YOU IF UR CONFUSED. SORRY AGAIN FOR THAT.