Chapter 3

Sorry for the late update. It's not procrastination but I'm too occupied by something. Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

==========

While everyone was paying attention to one of the most boring things in the world that have been named whiteboard, Yoohyeon was drowning deep in her own thoughts.

She was struggling to reach the bottom and it also seemed impossible to swim back to the surface. The faint voice that was calling her name sounds louder every second, causing her to slowly catching up to her surrounding.

"Miss Kim Yoohyeon!" a woman at the front of the classroom shouted and blew a frustration air out of her mouth.

She abruptly stood up, causing her chair to screeched back while answering as she heard her name has been called. "Yes...Miss Cho?"

"Answer this basic question and I'll let it pass this time," she said, walking a few steps forward.

"Yes," Yoohyeon said with her sweaty hands on her sides as her fingers keep dancing non-stop.

Her teacher nodded. "In what year General Yi Seong Gye established the Joseon Dynasty after a coup d'état that overthrew the Goryeo Dynasty in 1388?" she motioned her to answer.

Yoohyeon immediately opened her mouth to answer but no sound comes out so she closed it back and rubbing her cheek. Miss Cho was already raising her eyebrows as several students just snickers at her.

'Easy.' the boy next to her thought while pretending to read his book.

"Um...in 13...92?" she said her hesitated answer.

She smiled. "Good. You're correct," she said, but before the poor girl can breathe in relieve she shot her another one. "Till when the Dynasty last?"

Her eyes went wide like being shot with a real bullet. She closed her eyes until it crinkles in an effort to force the answer into her head. "1911! she shouted.

The woman at the front nodded her head. "As expected." she smiled as Yoohyeon smiled back. "You're wrong," she added.

The smile on Yoohyeon's face dropped instantly.

'Can't believe she got the basic question wrong.' the boy's thought intervened once again as he leaned his back against the chair spine and immediately got a bad feeling when the teacher suddenly puts her gaze on him. 'Nope. Take your piercing gaze away from me, lady.'

"You there, young man. Save your friend," she said while looking directly at him so there was no way he can avoid that.

He just closed his eyes while sighing and stood up.

"What is the correct answer?"

Yoohyeon waited with anticipation, hoping his answer will save her but unfortunately, he just shrugged his shoulders. His action taught her how easily someone's hope can be crush in an instant. There was nothing she can do anymore but to accept whatever punishment Miss Cho will give her.

Their teacher shook her head and crossed her arms on her chest. "Stand outside. Both of you," she ordered and turned her heels, facing the whiteboard.