Chapter 46

The clouds got darker as they looked into each other's eyes while trying to sort their mind before the bead-like liquids fell down on their head.

It surprised them as they squished their necks down the shoulders and put up their hand above their head as an acting umbrella.

"Oh no! It's raining! Let's hurry!"

JiU proclaimed and started running as Geoul did the same, carefully observing her movement from behind.

He stayed at her back in case she might slip considering the ground was slowly turning slippery.

Furthermore, if he runs at the front, he wouldn't be able to see her and that makes him feel uneasy.

The splashes from their feet stepping on the ground got louder as the rain got heavier, wetting their uniforms and bags as well as their whole body.

Not long after that, what he thought became reality when she accidentally tripped on the ledge of the side roads.

With her hands still on her head, he had no choice but to grabbed her waist and pulled her body toward his before she could fall on her knees.

"Ah!"

She unconsciously yelped, instantly grabbing the hand on her waist as her back crashed against something solid but soft.

She looked back to meet with his two black eyes as the rain from his wet hair streamed down to his face. His look right now captivated her.

Unknown to her, he also felt the same as he unconsciously took his time observing her face. It totally sucked him in.

From her wet blonde hair that stuck to the sides of her face then following a drip of rain down to her nose and lower to her slightly opened mouth.

She looked stunning. That was the only words he could think of to describe her at that moment.

Meanwhile, down on her waist, his hand was frozen cold. The overwhelming feeling of her flesh under the wet uniform caused him to feel afraid of moving even one bit.

He couldn't help but to gulped, composing himself before she can realize him staring.

"Careful, will you." He said.

She smiled awkwardly and corrected her legs, regaining her balance back before she let go of his hand.

"Thanks." She said short. 

He retreated his hand and nodded before he looked away.

"Let's go before our books get all wet."

She nodded to his words and started moving again, fighting their way in the heavy rain in an effort to save their books.

If they haven't had all those books, they would've been able to take it easy and slow given their whole body was already soaking wet.

----------

Almost ten minutes of running, they arrived in front of a gate of a big and fancy bungalow. When JiU stopped he also stopped.

The rain wasn't enough to block his view of that big bungalow as he scanned it with shock. The front gate alone was already astounding.

A loud clanging took his attention as he looked to where it came from but before he could finish processing, the gate was slid opened by JiU.

He turned his head toward her, dumbfounded. "Yah, Minji. Is this..." He couldn't finish his question.

"What are you waiting for? Get in or you'll get a cold." She grabbed his arm and dragged him inside before locking the gate.

He still couldn't believe the house in front of him was where she lives. The front course alone was as big as his house.