Chapter 30

That was it, as fast as a lightning strike, one of their team members disappeared from the sight along with his assailant, like a fish washed away into the sea. All that remains was his dotted blood painting the ground with random patterns.

They could only call his name, frozen at their places, hearts ached, and minds blanked. There were already too many people who lost their lives so why it had to add one more. Fate is a cruel thing, that was the only thing they thought.

"No...way..." Handong muttered, eyes still on the red trails he left behind. The feelings she felt almost identical to when the time she lost her parents. She hated it.

"Miss Ayoung...what..." Yoohyeon
Couldn't even finish her sentence that filled with desperation for reassurance though she knows she will never get it. That just reminded her of the scene from the gathering hall, forever etched into her head.

As for Dami, she just stayed quiet while breathing rapidly. It was too much to bear but she was not gonna be weak and break out. She locked the devastation she felt tightly. At least until they are already safe or when she is facing her demise.

Ayoung's hands were clenched until it bleached white and her teeth could've crushed each other. The time that went passed feels really slow to her as she still couldn't process the ridiculous bulllshit that was going on.

Her simple mission of investigation somehow turned into a bloody mess and what frustrated her the most was the innocent students that became victims to this whole God damn place. If only she got more information from her higher-ups then something like this probably won't happen. But her regrets won't change anything.

Out of nowhere, she shouted from the bottom of her lungs. "AAHHH!" The other girls didn't say anything. They could feel her frustrations emitting from her so they let her finish with a loud exhale. "Sorry. I really need that. Let's go." She said, turning around and started tracing the string again.

"But what-" Yoohyeon stopped her words when she felt a touch on her shoulder. She looked to the side and saw Handong shaking her head while Dami lowering her head down.

"Not again..." Redness crept in her eyes as she followed the others.

----------

JiU POV

I was waiting patiently, arms crossed on my chest while one of my feet tapping the ground. "Ya! Why did you leave them behind?" I asked Yonggeun, sitting on his butts.

"I'm not! They were right behind us!" He defended.

Before I can interrogate him further, SuA spoke. "The string is moving so calm your butts down, JiU." She said while moving the said string in her grips.

Surprisingly, I did what she said but it was not because I scared of her, it just the silence was quite comforting. I couldn't help but be reminded by our old times when we were still a friend with each other. I have to admit, I missed that.

"They are here." SuA's voice caught my attention as I immediately looked to the front.

Ayoung was the first one to appear then my eyes landed on Handong, limping between Yoohyeon and Dami so I rushed forward. "What happened? Are you guys okay?" Seeing the orange-haired girl makes me worried about their conditions.

"We are fine, thanks to Handong." My sister replied and from her voice, I know there was something wrong with her. In fact, there was something not right with all four of them.

"And I'm still alive thanks to him...but..." Handong said and her voice cracked at the end.

"You're so not okay, dude." Yonggeun stepped in, standing up from the ground. "And where's that cool bastard?" His question got my attention as I looked around.