Chapter 48

Geoul was standing in the park. Its surroundings felt familiar though he didn't know what. One thing he knows for sure was it's not real.

The world around him was glitching and full of static. The only inhabitants of this world were only four kids, gathering across from where he was standing.

There was a boy while the other three were a girl.

Their faces were blurry yet he could see them laughing and teasingly hit each other. The words came out from their mouth were buzzy. It was impossible for him to encrypt them.

He shouldn't care less about it because it wasn't a real-world, all of this was only a projection of his dream but for some reason, he feels attached to what he saw.

"This is ridiculous..." He muttered, pinching his temples.

There was no point to linger here anymore so he better wake up no matter how hard and painful the reality that was waiting for him outside.

He turned around and closed his eyes as he walked away, not going to pay any attention to this fake world any longer.

"Jun."

He stopped walking as the buzzing and static around him also stopped. With a lightheaded and heavy heart, he turned around.

The four kids he saw earlier now all looked at his direction. No, only three left now, the boy was gone.

Although the static was gone, the blurry on their faces remained. They didn't move but only looking at him.

"Where are you going?" Asked the shortest one.

"This isn't real, right? So, I'm going back to the damn reality." He said, harsher than his usual tone.

"Are you going to leave us again?" She spoke monotonously.

"What?"

"Please don't leave. It hurts me to a point of dying."

Her voice now filled with emotions and sadness. It pained him so much that he reflexively grabbed his chest as his heart beats faster and faster.

"Damn it...what are you doing to me!? This isn't real!" He yelled and fell on his knees with both hands now tightly gripping his chest.

"That is what you want, Jun. To be with us." Said the girl again before the three of them started walking to him.

He stopped resisting the pain and chuckled lowly under his breath. "Yeah, you're right." He fell on his four.

"Even though I can't remember who you guys are, I'm sorry for leaving..." He took one last look at them, slowly approaching.

"But in the evil world outside, there is someone I just can't abandon." He smiled.

They halted in their track as the glitches got harder and increased rapidly, filling the whole area as far as his eyes can see.

"When the time comes, I will be with you guys again but not in the past, it'll be in the future."

He raised his head up and slammed it down on the ground. Like a coconut smashed on the hard ground, it was supposed to bust open but unfortunately, his head still intact.

In fact, he didn't feel any pain at all. He only felt a slight whoosh hitting his face a few times already. When the next one came, he decided to open his eyes.

----------

Just in time, a low breeze hits straight into his eyes causing him to instantly flinched and covered them with his hands. But instead of his hands, it was something smooth that covered his eyes.