Chapter 15: Basketball

Towntrap was.....conflicted, to say the least. Freddy had......what did he call it again? Multiple Personality Disorder but technically not? The ginger teen awkwardly looked back and forth at Eak and Freddy. What the brunette did with his voice was certainly impressive...... Or wait, was that his other personality talking??

"Help me, I'm confused." Town flatly interrupted the silence.

"Don't worry, the others were too at first. You'll get used to it! That is, if you decide to stick around....." Towntrap could sense a light uncertainty in 'Freddy's' voice.

"So......who are you?" Eak crossed his arms, taking in the more smug-acting Freddy with suspicion.

The other Freddy broke into a grin.

"I'm glad you asked! The name's Fred, don't forget it!" As if to complete the wacky introduction, Fred winked at his two friends as well.

"Ooooh that explains a lot......" Town squinted his eyes, nodding.

"And what are you exactly?" Eak was still trying to make sense of the situation.

Another silence fell between the three teens. Towntrap could vaguely hear Chica and Bonnie yelling something from inside the house. 

Damn, it seemed as though even Fred didn't know what he was supposed to be.......

"I've got a couple of theories on what exactly I am. One is that I'm a physical metaphor." Towntrap thought that was unlikely.

"Another one is that I'm basically an embodiment of Freddy's negative emotions and I somehow became a real dude by magic or shit......" Fred started counting on his fingers.

"And this is my personal favorite!" Fred dramatically paused for a second.

"Everyone around me is high on drugs and hallucinating me."

Last time Towntrap got high was five years ago...... And that was high on pain, so Town doubted he was still hallucinating shit.

"I thought you were gonna say you're like Pinocchio." Eak nonchalantly spoke up.

Fred let out a dry, almost sarcastic-sounding laugh.

"That's a good one! I'll make sure to use it next time someone exposes me." Fred attempted to light another cigarette.

"That shit's not healthy." Eak was pleasantly surprised by Town's use of swearing.

Fred stopped fumbling with the lighter and put the cigarette away.

"I'm shocked that you're more interested in my smokin' habit than in the fact that I'm literally some kinda parasite." Fred pointed out, causing Towntrap to awkwardly narrow his eyes.

"So how does this whole thing work? With you and Freddy sharing a body, I mean...... Can he hear me?" Eak looked right into Fred's eyes, as if expecting to see a glimpse of Freddy in them.

"Yeah, he can hear you. So, like, one of us controls the body, and the other basically just continues living inside the mind. We can talk to each other, and switch whenever we feel like it. Don't ask me how, it just a fucking thing." Fred started sounding less and less energetic by each sentence he got over his lips.

"How do we know you're the one in control?" Towntrap curiously questioned.

"My voice changes pretty much every time I'm in control. Also I think my eyes have a slightly darker gleam than with Freddy." Eak could definitely confirm that latter part was accurate.

"And the personality......" Eak said in between quiet fake-coughs.

"It's the best part about me~" Fred cockily announced.