Chapter 50: The Meeting

Onnie wasn't one to try and sabotage other people's happiness. Of course not! He knew what it was like growing up and having to genuinely search for happiness. Him and The Nightmares' only goal in life ever since they met each other, had been to survive. Even if it meant they'd never have a day to themselves, even if it meant they'd have to skip out on most of school. Whereas Maggie, Oxy and hell, even Deuz at least tried to be at school for tests, Onnie didn't bother anymore at some point.

School just wasn't for him. And he'd learned at a very young age already (when he'd been abandoned in his own house, struggling to look for food as to not starve) that you just didn't need some things for survival.

So yeah, Onnie might've felt the slightest bit guilty when he'd walked into the local cinema, flashlight in hand as Maggie, Oxy and Loon trailed after him. He was about to ruin Deuz and Usagi's date. Which, admittedly, was a fun thing to do, but at the same time, rude as shit.

"What movie are they watching?" Maggie muttered to the freckled brunette besides her.

"Child's Play." Loon quickly replied, gesturing for Oxy to sneak past a theatre employee.

"So how're we gonna go with it??" Oxy LOUDLY whispered.

"Be quiet, carrot top! Anyways, I got a plan." Loon grinned, the smile lighting up his entire face.

"Little birdy told me you tried befriending Eak at some party." Usagi casually brought up, comfortably pressed against Deuz's arm.

"Well, I mean, it all went awesome 'till he pushed me into the fucking pool. Smug bastard......" An angry pout appeared on Deuz's face, one Usagi quickly kissed away.

"Still, though. You actually made a big-ass attempt to expand your social circle. Kinda hot, y'know." The Japanese girl mischievously smirked as both a blush and a cocky grin pulled at her boyfriend's features.

"Oh yeah? That get your gears grindin'?" Deuz huffed out a laugh.

"Uh-huh. So you plan on taking me out for some pizza after this?" Usagi's smile became impossibly bigger as she shoved a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

Deuz snorted, thinking his girlfriend looked like a hamster.

"Damn right. Do you got any plans for today?" Deuz wiggled his eyebrows, Usagi immediately returned the gesture.

"Hmm, I think I do. After our gloriously greasy pizza, we could go to my place and-"

"Pass me the popcorn, will you?" Loon casually motioned for Usagi to hand him the snack.

"Loon! The hell are you doing here?! Rokudenashi!" Usagi cried out in both anger and surprise.

"I came to get you and Deuz. Eak's holding a meeting at Toddy's place tonight." Loon explained as if it were obvious.

"I don't wanna see that prick ever agai-"

Suddenly, a couple of lights flashed around in the theater's dark room, and Deuz could make out three blurry figures standing by the exit.

"DEUZ! USAGI! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS??" Onnie yelled, his flashlight darting across the room.

Noises of protest were made by those previously enjoying the movie, and Deuz had to control the urge to walk over to his band mates and slap them across the face.

Usagi sunk a little lower into her seat, a blush of embarrassment spreading across her face.

She wanted the Earth to split open and swallow her whole as Maggie and Oxy suddenly went to stand in front of the screen. The crowd began booing loudly and only quieted down when Oxy whistled harshly onto his fingers.