seventeen

The party had like 30 people, which made Annie wonder what a real party was to Kenzie. A few seconds in the door and she was trying to think of ways to escape.

Asher clasped his hand with hers and guided her to a less crowded place like he knew the house already. He probably had come to a party here before. They were in the living room and Annie heard somebody call her name.

Annie smiled as Lilia and Anna came up to them. She felt Asher's hand slide out of hers gently and so subtly that if it hadn't been Asher's hand, she wouldn't have noticed. Lilia hugged Annie and brought Anna into the hug after a few seconds.

"Annie, I want you to meet someone special to me." Lilia broke away and told her. Asher was noticeably farther away but still there. "Kenzie has these parties, and it's the only place where we can be ourselves. Nobody tells, nobody talks trash. So, I want you to meet my girlfriend: Emily." Lilia brought a blonde girl forward who was ridiculously gorgeous. Annie noticed Asher tensed but still held her hand out and greeted her.

"Emily is actually the one that suspected you two in the first place." Lilia brought up and Emily attempted to shake her head subtly. "Before Em dated me, she and Asher were pretty close." Annie realized why Asher had tensed.

"Oh." Annie felt her stomach sink and next thing she knew, Asher was touching her shoulder and letting her know he was going somewhere else and to find him if she needed him.

"I'm really sorry about that." Emily told her honestly. "Being around me is just uncomfortable for Asher, being around any of his ex girlfriends is." There it was. That subtle reminder that Peyton existed.

"So what's the timing with that?" Annie curiously asked.

"Well, he dated me, and then a month or so after I came out I met Lilia and we started dating a month after that. Then he started dating Peyton, and they dated for nearly a year and here we are." Emily gestured for Annie to take a seat before grinning. "So, tell me about the two of you."

-

Sorry for the short chapter but I have one question for the next part about the party:

Truth or dare, or seven minutes in heaven?

Please leave comments below answering!! I'll write the chapter as soon as I get at least ten comments on the matter.