twenty-four

A/N: so I chose four winners. Which includes @purplecake101 @kenzzieglers @_mystorycorner @greys-miller-orlando

Their characters are Emerson Jackson, Makenna King, Ila Stamond, and Arizona Marie Gutierrez! I hope some of you can guess by now that all of their characters will be on the basketball team in the sleepover. I will look for times to put characters that were put down and did not win though so it may not be completely over for your character!

-

Jayden had come early to help Annie set up, and she was very thankful. Annie didn't know how in the world she thought this many girls in the living room was okay. But everyone was told to bring a sleeping bag and snack of their choice to share, so maybe that would help?

Hayley was actually excited, she had been having a lot of fun with Jayden ever since they got home from school. Of course Annie was too, but Annie was also worrying about making sure things were good. She felt kinda like she had to impress these girls, earn their respect in a way.

It was 20 minutes before the girls were supposed to start arriving and Jayden and Hayley had to decided to watch a movie. Annie would have started watching anxiously too, but she got a facetime call from Asher before she was going to sit down.

Annie dismissed herself and ran to her room. She answered the call halfway there and heard Asher laughing at her running. She didn't care. She shut the door behind her and sucked in a breath of air. "Clearly, you're worried." Asher told her, but she could hear the humor in his voice. She halfheartedly glared before sitting on her bed.

"Have you facetimed me to give me a pep talk?" Annie asked and Asher smiled at her. "Cause I could use one right now."

Annie blinked a few times as she noticed a small detail about the boy on her phone. He's shirtless. "You got this." Asher told her and Annie tried to brush off her attraction with a scoff.

"That was a horrible pep talk." Annie heard the sound of dribbling from her phone and saw Asher go out of view. He must've set his phone down.

"No one could hate you. You're going to be fine." He said from a distance. A sound like he hit the rim echoes.

"Peyton hates me." Annie adds and hopes he didn't hear her. But oh boy he did. He picks up his phone and frowns at her.

"She doesn't hate you." He pauses. "The reason we broke up was because I never opened up to her, at all." He explained. "And she knows that that would never be a problem for us. She was jealous."

Annie frowned. "Why would it never be a problem?"

"Because I would never put myself at risk of losing you."

Annie has the air knocked out of her and she thinks that if that was the last thing she heard, it'd be okay. She decides after a few moments to actually reply. "One day, we're going to hang out and I'm going to learn all of your favorite things, all of your hopes, and a least a few of your fears, and you can ask me anything you want to. I want to know you better than you know yourself."

Asher is quiet.

And then "How do you know you'd still like me after that?"

Annie grins. "The first time we legitimately hung out, you sang a duet from high school musical with me. You're practically my soulmate. Next thing I know I find out you like the notebook."

Asher laughs. "It's not a bad movie, it makes my mom and sister cry every time."

Annie takes a screenshot off of her phone and feels elated. If she could spend a whole day tracing the lines of his face, she would, and that thought kind of scares her.

But not as much as the sound of the doorbell.