thirty-three

Annie had really enjoyed having Asher there with her. When he wasn't making her laugh or watching netflix with her, he was getting them food or getting one of the dogs to come in her room.

He never...pushed. Never asked for anything more than Annie was comfortable with. She knew a lot of boys his age did. They wanted to makeout... and way more. Asher wasn't like that though.

He liked spending time with her, and kissing sometimes, but never more than Annie expected.

Most of their time was spent watching netflix for the first week. Their hands laced together, Annie leaning on his shoulder while he caressed her hand. He liked fiddling with her hands a lot, and telling her he loved her.

It was like after the first time he told her, he couldn't get enough of it. He had to remind her every hour that he loved her without a doubt. Annie supposed seeing her in the hospital had spooked him, had reminded him to be count and be thankful for every single breath she had.

Annie had noticed whenever he would stare at her, and his hands would tighten on hers. After those moments she did one of two things: she kissed him lightly on the corner or his mouth, or she'd make a comment to make him smile again.

One time, Hayley had come in after she'd kissed him after those moments. She had gagged and mentioned she just wanted to see Piper. Piper was laid curled up around Annie, her good leg. Madre had come up behind Hayley, mentioning that she just got off the phone with the hospital.

Annie's surgery would happen in three days, and Paige was going to be here in two with Anthem. Annie had nodded and asked nicely for a snack.

Thirty seconds of begging led to her begrudgingly going to make her something.

A/N: this is a filler for when paige arrives and annie has surgery and to explain how asher and annie are coping after what happened. hope you enjoyed!