Chapter 1 - A Mess

******************************************************

Copyright © 2019  anamika_writes

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof
may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever
without the express written permission of the publisher
except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

Started : 11th March 2019.

Completed :

******************************************************

Anika was in no mood to talk to anyone. Everyone was freaking annoying. Her sister had got engaged to her long time boyfriend Omkara. Oh she hated that man. She hated the entire family. The Oberois.

Anika had worked for the Oberois before. That's how it all began. She was Jaanvi Singh Oberoi's personal assistant. Her husband Tej father of Omkara was a man of low morals. He had his mistress living in his farmhouse where he spent most of his time. Jaanvi was a wasted woman by the afternoons by the amount of alcohol she consumed. Omkara was the son of these two. What else could be expected?

He had an history of being a drug addict. Anika was also aware that he had been living in with his last girlfriend who had dumped him. She wondered why? Was he abusive or something? She feared for the sake of her sister.

Then there was that devil in disguise of man. A man with blazing blue eyes. One look from him could kill. Anika feared him the most. Shivaay. Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Omkara's first cousin and a billionaire. His mother was no where less. If one wanted to wreck your life in the most dramatic way she'd be the one that a person must piss. Having the power drawn from his son's money, Pinky had filthy ways. Anika had heard a lot of rumors of his father, Pinky's husband, Shakti Singh Oberoi. The most unsettling one being, he had given up on his family owing to their ways. Anika couldn't say with conformity.

In short, the Oberoi family was messed up.

It had taken her a month to realise the true colors of the Oberoi family. She had signed an NDA – Nondisclosure Agreement and Work Bond with the Oberois particularly Jaanvi. She couldn't let a single inside detail slip out to the world through her. To the outside world the Oberois were a perfect family and classic example of nice people. All false. The truth lay as ugly as it was, behind the walls of the Oberoi Mansion. As soon as a year had expired, she had resigned and expressed her decision to get a job which did more justice to her degree. Of course the real reason was getting away from the shadows of the Oberois.

Anika sort of felt guilty. It was during her work period that on one of the days she had asked her sister Gauri to get her a file. She had forgotten the file and it was utmost necessary to get it while she was at something else. That day Gauri had first met Omkara. Almost ten months back. Anika had no clue her sister had taken to immediate liking of the long haired Oberoi. What she didn't know that where Omkara taught art was none other than her sister's art school. Very later she had known that the two had actually got along well and wanted to take things further.

Anika warned Gauri, at the first instance. But Gauri brushed of off saying that Omkara had gone through a lot that no one understood. Soon Anika realised that making Gauri understand anything, if it was against Omkara, was a bad idea. She tried nevertheless. That only turned things sour between the sisters.