Chapter 15 - In The Devil's Den

Anika sat silently  in the cab. He had tracker on her phone. That explained a lot. She shouldn't have taken the phone at the first place. How stupid of her to! But then that just defined her. Stupidity. Her mind ran everything that had happened since the morning. From being blackmail-kidnapped to being chased by a car speeding at maniac speed. She couldn't seem to forget the scene of horrendous violence she had witnessed. She looked up and aside in his direction. He still wore the mask. His face giving no glimpse of the pain, she was sure he would be suffering from.

He turned his face from the window to her. Their eyes met. He knew there was something different abut her, something different when he was with her, but he couldn't lay his finger on what exactly it was. She trusted him after everything. How? It wasn't easy to trust. No one better than him would no how hard it was to trust. He had given her no reason to trust him but otherwise. He had seen her fear him. But still the trust? How? He couldn't understand. 

She looked away in silence. She wasn't pitying him. She just felt fate was terrible to him. She couldn't understand how she trusted him after everything bad he did to her. She herself did not know why she had so much compassion for him. She pressed her lips and inhaled. She could just hope for the best.

* * * 

"This is my farmhouse, no one knows about it." He spoke as they walked up to the bungalow. She looked at him."Why are we here? I don't understand." He gave her a stare and walked ahead. She sighed following him, looking around. This looked like a place in nowhere.

"Kabir, have you made the arrangements?" He asked as he entered the house. Anika noticed a man with grey hair, dressed in simple clothes, he had kind eyes. He smiled at Shivaay and then at her.

"Yes, Shaaib as you instructed. The doctor should be here any moment." The man answered.

"Use that room." He turned to her and stated pointing to the room.

"But--?" Anika had barely began when she got that glare from her which clearly meant- Not-A-Word. Anika closed her eyes, bottling up her frustration.

"Fresh towels, fresh clothes and hot water in the bathroom tap, all is arranged. " The man spoke smiling at her. She smiled back gratefully. Turning to him she gave a hard gaze and walked into the room. He stared in silence, until she shut the door.

* * *

"Saahib, dinner is arranged."Kabir the helper announced entering his room.

Shivaay nodded, turning from the window. He picked up the shirt and tried wearing it over the multiple white dressing's that his body was covered with. The elderly man walked up to him and helped him at it. 

"Make arrangements for another day. We'll leave only day after. Make her comfortable, but keep an eye on her."

"Yes, Saahib."

"Is she okay? Did the doctor say anything to worry about?" He asked as he tried buttoning his shirt.