Chapter 3 - In The Devil's Presence

Anika entered the mansion glancing at her watch. 

Four minutes to go. 

She looked up and around. Not a soul around. She took a deep breath and bending down removed those peep toes,once done, she ran down the path way. First of all, the freaking peep-toe sandals and then the formal pant, with the tucked in shirt. She hated formals. So uncomfortable. One must wear clothes that allow one to breathe only then can they be creative at work. 

Anyway, the pants were a far better option than a formal skirt. She stopped at the rear entrance gate and caught her breath. How big was this mansion! She looked around and ran up the stairs with the sandals still in her hand. Once at the top she put them down and slipped her feet into it. She glanced at the watch. 

Two.minutes.to go. 

She ran her hand through her hair, that was tied in a neat ponytail. She wasn't quite liking the smell of her new scent. Vanilla and cocoa. She couldn't believe she had changed everything from her body-wash to her moisturizer because of the comment that the freaking devil for a man passed. But playing safe was her way. She had an idea how bad his temper was. She had seen him smash a cup filled with hot coffee almost at the feet of the servant when it wasn't as bitter as he wanted. Last thing, she ever wanted was to mess with him. 

She entered his room. "Precisely thirty seconds early." He announced turning to look at her as she walked in. His right hand adjusting his watch on his left wrist. He saw her head to toe. He wore a face that Anika took as disapproval. 

Good. He didn't like what he saw! She never wanted to catch his eye. The farther away she stayed from him the better for her.

"You'll follow me all day, today. Taking notes when I indicate. Keep my schedule at all times. My work phone will be under your care. Arun, will stay here and work through the papers out."

Anika blinked. What was even happening? Wasn't her job sitting and doing the paperwork? While Arun's going around with him? She was his secondary assistant and Arun the first. "But Sir, I.." With quick strides he reached her. "I don't like arguments."

"I understand. Mr. Oberoi, but as per.."

"Arun has a fracture in his leg. I hope you read the contract properly. Owing to any conditions where Arun can't carry out his duties you automatically assume his position. Now let's get going shall we?" With that he wore his sunglasses and Anika didn't miss the twist of his lips. Something was sure amiss. She bit her lower lip looking at the files and the papers on the desks. Things were going out of hand. She had to do something to stay at Oberoi Mansion rather than staying around the Oberoi Devil.

"Hey!" A soft greeting made Anika stop in tracks. She looked up to see those familiar brown eyes that belonged to her sister's fiance, Omkara Singh Oberoi

"Hi!" She responded seeing Shivaay turn, from the corner of her eyes. 

"How are you here?"

"She is my new PA." Shivaay spoke quickly.