Chapter 28 : Devil Brings Chaos

Anika blinked to make sure she wasn't mistaken. Before her stood Arun. "Arun." She gasped.

"Welcome." He spoke looking at his watch.

"You did this? "

"I was told to Anika. Honestly, I have no problem with you. Before I lied to you because Shivaay asked me to. I needed to win his trust. So I did all the snoopy business from fixing GPS chips and microphones in your bag to fixing a  tracker on your phone. Now it is for Bhargav. You shouldn't have messed with him. He won't leave you, Anika. I warned you many times indirectly to leave the job but you never took them. If Shivaay is hell, then so is Bhargav. You dragged yourself into this."

"I thought we were friends. " Anika spoke hurt.

"We were. But Bhargav is family. He is my cousin. He has been my best friend since we were kids. Then because of that son of a bitch, everything went downhill. My brother suffered so much." He spat. "You shouldn't have shown your loyalty to Shivaay, Anika. What did you get? Nothing but Bhargav as an enemy. "

Indeed. What a hell she had dragged herself into! Like one devil wasn't enough she had invited another to be her enemy. 

"What does he want from me? I only did what I felt was right for me to do at that moment.  I don't know what happened in the past or who was wrong. Why drag me into this?"

"You dragged yourself. I gave you a chance to break free. But you backstabbed me." Hollered a voice from behind her. Anika squeezed her eyes shut feeling fearful, the same hoarse voice.

"God knows what makes you women mad behind that blue-eyed  Oberoi. " Bhargav added walking around the chair she had been seated upon. "How I wished to kill you before his very eyes, in his very arms."

Anika widened her eyes at the little piece of information she received. "What!" She gasped.

"The bullet Anika. It was meant for you. I had, in fact have better plans for him. " Bhargav smiled diabolically running his finger over Anika's cheek.  He bent down and whispered into Anika's ears, "You look sexy today."

More fear gripped Anika. She wished for death but a better cleaner one. "Shivaay has always had a similar taste in women." He blew over her face. Anika closed her eyes disgusted by the proximity.

"They've tied you?" Bhargav asked feigning surprise.

"Arun. That is so wrong on your part." He looked back at his cousin. His hands touched her wrists untying the rope. Anika grew fearful by the minute. She kept sending up prayers. She was sick of herself. She couldn't take this more. Tears slipped down her eyes. She had become a weakling. The once upon a time strong courageous Anika had ceased to exist. 

"Done." Bhargav smiled casting away the ropes. "Nice saree." He grinned stretching his hand to place over her shoulders. But his hand never reached her shoulder it was held by a strong hand.

Bhargav's jaw tightened in anger looking at Shivaay standing behind the chair Anika sat on.