Chapter 17 - Devil Doesn't Scare Anymore

Anika took slow steps walking towards the mansion. There was much that had happened the previous day at the farmhouse. But she couldn't forget the scene when he had barged into the room to simply argue with her. Later, in the day he had told her about Arun showing her the evidences that it was him who was involved with Bhargav. Anika had no clue of what he would have done to Arun. She was sure she didn't want to know. She couldn't believe that Arun never had a fracture! It was all a facade so that she would stay right under the nose of The Devil  instead of his home where she could interact with her sister. Anika now had understood one thing, Shivaay was a man who could go to any extremes for something he wanted. 

The remaining of the day when she didn't sort and compile the papers related to work he gave her was spent thinking about his words. Did she really have no life? Was that why she was trying to interfere in Gauri's ? No. She was her sister. She didn't want Gauri to endure anymore misfortune. She just wished for a happy life for her. 

She reached up the stairs that led into the mansion to see him standing rooted staring at her. He stepped closer. She stared straight into his eyes. She had realised another thing- he wasn't as bad as he seemed. Yet, his ego was a weapon that could kill. "Remember, not a word." He warned.

"Of course. I am planning to say it aloud on air. Which radio station would you prefer?" She pressed her lips into a straight thin line amused at her own remark. Where was she finding the courage to speak to him like that?

He stared at her. She did a mental dance, seeing him go speechless before her. It was short-lived happiness, for he held her arm and twisted it behind her back and yanked her closer to himself. "Your sarcasm doesn't do any good with me, only bad. Don't test my patience." he hissed.

Anika should have been fearful.But absurdly she was not. She was rather amused.  She tried holding back her laughter and failed. She giggled and then it was a entirely amused full blown laughter. He stared at her stupidly. Once upon a time what intimidated her now made her laugh! How? For a few seconds he stared at her awkwardly and then her laughter slowly began pulling the strings of his heart. Her laughter faded as she saw him staring at her. Her eyelashes fluttered as his sudden long gaze did not flicker. He eventually turned around as began walking ahead. He had the last smirk. With what way - that didn't matter, she was intimidated that mattered. 

Anika took in a deep breath and walked following his trail. She had learned another thing- not fearing him. It always got her up to his level if not above.  But the sudden change in her behavior around him surprised her. She no longer feared him, no longer wanted to escape him. Rather odd, but she liked being around him. Little did she understand that the Devil was growing on her!

"Shivaay!" Omkara rushed to his brother and took him into an embrace immediately. "Since when did you start making sudden plans like that?" Omkara more remarked then asked.

Shivaay momentarily pressed his lips into a tight line. His brother's strong crushing hug excited his wounds and they stung him bad. He managed a smile. "Don't worry, I am fine." He spoke reading the worry through Omkara's manner.

"What's with this?" Omkara asked concerned gently fingering the white dressing around Shivaay's head.

"Anika! What happen to your forehead!" Gauri exclaimed at once getting to Anika's side and holding her hands, in worry. Anika smiled as tears made way to her eyes. Gauir may show she hated her for everything, but Anika knew somewhere deep inside Gauri loved her. She pretended well to not care, but her eyes that shone with concern couldn't hide the love her sister had for her.