Chapter 18 - Devil's Eyes

Anika couldn't understand what her life had come to. In the past few days a lot had happened ever since the kidnapping incident. One- Shivaay weirdly barely spoke to her. Two- Gauri didn't speak much either. Three- Arun had disappeared from office. She had asked Shivaay about the same but all she go in response was 'don't mention him again' . Her life suddenly was nothing but going to office doing the work and coming back to emptiness. No meaning and purpose at all. Often his words haunted her, did she have no life of her own? The idea of trying to persuade Gauri to wait a little longer and know Omkara better, to know his past, had faded. She knew Gauri wouldn't listen. In a matter of three days Gauri would be married. The fact scared Anika. She just hoped Gauri had a good life. But knowing the Oberois she was skeptic.

She stared at herself in the mirror. It was Gauri's mehendi ceremony. She sighed, adjusting her dupatta. Once again reflecting on her life. 

* * *

The grandeur of Oberoi Mansion had Anika in awe. The mansion was lit up like a palace on return of it's king. She knew Shivaay had been personally checking the arrangements. She knew it all after all she had fetched him the details and arranged the meetings. She didn't have breaks when she was at work, the work had doubled owing to Arun's absence. She knew that his work had also increased owing to the same reason.She walked steadily towards the entrance of the mansion. There was tight security. She reached the entrance and asked to produce her invitation card. Each invitation card had a unique barcode behind. Anika slipped her hand into her  bag to produce the invitation Gauri had handed her. She panicked, she couldn't find it. She informed the security that she was Gauri's sister.

The guard apologized saying they were strictly inform to follow the code laid for the day. Anika stood aside. She felt so unwanted. Maybe she should just let it go. Be that one who didn't give a damn. She turned to leave when a voice stopped her.

"Anika Ma'am, you're here. Shivaay Sir is waiting for you." One of the many helpers spoke to her. "Please..this way." The lady said walking ahead.

"She doesn't have a proper invitation." one of the guards told the person. 

"She's Shivaay sir's personal assistant." The lady answered leading the way for Anika. Anika quietly followed in.

"Sorry Ma'am." the guard uttered and she just passed him a small smile.

A minute was all it took for her to respected instead of being unwanted. Just one name keeping a relation with her. The devil. A wide smile crept up her face for the first time in the day. A smile that had roots in her heart.

* * *

"Sir Anika ma'am is outside."

"Send her in." Shivaay said making a call.

Anika walked in to his study taking slow steps. He was busy on his phone. She raised her eyes to look at him, and she couldn't look away. Dressed in a beige colored crisp sherwani he looked devilishly handsome. Anika had never seen a man in the way like she was right now looking at him. He nodded and turned slightly and as quick as lightning her eyes met his. He held her gaze, instead of the icy hostility there was something warm in his eyes today.