Chapter 5 - The Devil's Radar

Anika quickly made it to the door when she saw him flex the muscles of his neck. He was quick enough to get to her. He pulled her back which only resulted in her being pushed into his body. In one quick move he carried her and laid her on the couch. In the next few seconds he hovered upon her. " so much for being a gentleman?" Saying that he blew over her face, his eyes glaring in anger.

"Get off me."

"You wish."

She struggled to push him. "The more you struggle, the deadlier your punishment. I haven't even touched you Anika. You don't want to regret." 

Anika immediately stopped whatever movement she was up to when she saw the warning in his eyes. A deadly warning.

He got off her and pulled out the phone from his pocket. He smashed it hard against the wall. Anika looked on, shocked, as it shattered into hundreds of pieces.

"Gone. The only way you could persuade Gauri." He said looking pleased at the broken pieces.

 How on earth did he know? She stated at him bewildered.

He smirked. "I know your every move. Mend you ways or I will have to mend them for you. " saying that he straightened his coat walking over to the huge fancy mirror. He often used the room for his naps in between midnight conferences. It had a bed, a couch, a nice study table and a huge wardrobe and dressing  table. It wasn't as huge as the room in his mansion but sufficient enough. Of course for anyone else it would be a premium room at a five star hotel.

"You know how to behave now, I suppose. And you know my ways. Don't dare to do anything that I don't appreciate. " he spoke walking towards her. He slipped his palm over her face. She forze at the touch. Her heart fearful. "Keep within your limits, Anika. You don't want to regret." He spoke over her face, his hot breath fanning her lips. "Let's get going. We have lots of work to get done."

Anika felt sick. She should have stuck to her initial decision of never messing with him. She walked behind him. 

"Don't step out with that look. I wouldn't want unnecessary rumors around the office." His voice was followed by a loud thud. Anika stared at the door in disgust. He was certainly a Devil in disguise of man.

She tidied her appearance, looking at her reflection in the mirror. She looked at the broken pieces of her phone. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was much of a devil than she took him to be. Being the devil's target wasn't exactly a good option. 

She had to start off by finding out how he knew everything. She walked outside. He gave her a glance and then resumed reading whatever he was. Like nothing ever happened. Anika decided to play safe. She also pretended like nothing happened. Although with his slightest movement Anika found herself stiffening. 

* * *

Towards the end of the day, Shivaay instructed her to collect a new phone from the desk and go back home. His cold words made Anika hate him more. She had to do something before it was too late. Also, she reminded herself she had to keep out of the devil's radar. How?