Chapter 24 : Facing The Devil

Anika stepped inside the mansion looking around. She didn't want anyone to see her. She had received a message to be at the mansion today after picking up files from the office.  Gathering all the courage left she had dressed up in formals and got herself there. The more she hid from him the more he would make her miserable.

"Good morning Anika!" A voice chirped and Anika turned to find Jaanvi smiling at her. 

"Good morning." Anika wished, plastering a smile over her face. 

"Oh, Anika you here?" Came Pinky's voice. Anika diverted her attention to the woman.

"Umm, Sir will be working from home. He asked me to get these." She spoke glancing over the files.

"Shivaay and his work. I don't know what to do with him. You tell me, Anika, shouldn't he settle in life? Now even Omkara is married."

"It is his life Pinky. " Jaanvi remarked cutting Pinky off.

"I never asked for your opinion." Pinky snapped at Jaanvi.

"That's your problem Pinky, has always been. If only you considered other's opinions, perhaps things wouldn't be the way they are." Jaanvi gave back.

Anika let out a deep breath. This would go longer. Before Pinky could give back to Jaanvi, Anika slipped away saying she was late. 

Her steps slowed as she approached the study. Gulping she walked ahead, wiping away the hesitation from her face. She entered the room wearing a poker face when she heard a come in. 

"Ten minutes late!" His cold voice echoed, seconds later he turned in his chair looking at her. Anika found herself looking at his crystal blue eyes. Anger arose as the glimpses floated in her mind. She placed the files on the table and then took the letter out of her bag. She forwarded it towards him. "My resignation." His eyes did not even move to see the letter, they remain fixed on her. Anika glared back.

He smiled amused. Anika wanted to strangle him at the moment. He got up approaching her. Anika found her body stiffening. Although, she kept her glare fixed on him. "You sure about this?" He asked flashing the letter before her eyes. Standing close to her. She nodded, her lips fixed in a straight line. 

"Interesting." He spoke smirking leaning closer. Anika instinctively leaned back. He sat on the desk, close to where she stood. Anika took a tiny step back. He smirked noticing it. His audacity!

"Due to personal reasons." He read throwing the paper aside. "What personal reasons Anika?"

"Don't beat around the bush. " Anika snapped angrily. "You're a sick man. "

He smiled. That evil icy-cold smile. "You're a terrific woman." He remarked leaning back on the desk, his eyes doing a to and fro dance between her eyes and lips.  How she wished to smack him on his face to wipe away that smug grin.