Chapter 25 : Devil Annoys

Anika stood before her cupboard wondering what to wear. Gauri entered her room. "You are still staring at the wardrobe!"

"I can't pick something to wear." Anika turned to her. 

"Can I choose?"

"Sure." Anika smiled. She looked at her sister beaming. Gauri was skimming through the hanging dresses. Omkara and Gauri had invited her for dinner. Two days later they'd be traveling for their one-month-long honeymoon. Anika suddenly found Gauri warming up to her. She wasn't complaining. It had been just a day to her wedding. Anika noticed that her sister looked more pretty in that peach-colored saree she had paired with a red blouse. Her hands adorning the wedding bangles, called chuda. Anika had always loved those red and white bangles. 

"This?" Gauri brought out a saree, a deep green one. 

"Saree?" Anika exclaimed surprised at the choice. 

"I need company. I look like an aunty in this saree. But Om likes me in this." She added her cheeks pinking up.

Anika grinned. "Okay!" She was surprised when Gauri had dropped by to stay till evening. Omkara was going to pick the two up. Anika had protested she felt awkward joining them. But then when Gauri pleaded with those doe shaped eyes looking at her like a puppy's there was no saying no. 

Anika and Gauri had a long day. They'd visited some of their common friends with sweets and then an aunt, a distant cousin of their father. Gauri had also apologized to Anika for her behavior in the past few days. Anika was all too confused at Gauri's sudden change of heart. Perhaps she was stressed out and was having wedding jitters. But now, it was like her old Gauri was back. 

Anika was thankful Gauri was with her. She needed someone, she was scared to be alone. Gauri had kept her from thinking of the Devil. Anika needed to busy herself to completely keep her mind away from him. Just minutes of standing before the mirror alone made her thoughts go back to the devil and the night. She only remembered a few scenes. Not the entire night. She lost her virginity to him. She had let a man be so close to her, for the first-ever time. Still, she didn't remember anything beyond the kisses. 

"Anika, ready?"

"Yeah." Anika spoke quickly slipping the earring into her earhole. 

"Did you switch off the geyser?" Anika asked turning to her sister. 

"Yeah I did. Now fast. Omkara is just five minutes away."

"Look at that excitement," Anika teased.

"When you will have a husband you will know. " Gauri made a face. "That reminds me, you should get married. "Saying that Gauri had picked up her small bag of clothes and hurried out. Anika blinked sinking in Gauri's words.

* * *

"Om, I was telling Anika she should get married. " Gauri chirped throwing Anika a glance before looking at her husband who was driving.