Chapter 12 - Devil's Past

Anika sighed deeply and inhaled a deep breath. She began sprinting back. She couldn't live with guilt filled nightmares. There was already a lot of unnecessary guilt in her life. She couldn't deal with more.  Careful enough to not be noticed she made it to the window at the side wall. She peeped through the overgrowth of climbers and weaved spiderwebs. The two men were talking about something. She couldn't understand.

"You deserve to be behind bars." Shivaay spat his eyes glowering at the man.

"Shut your bloody mouth up, Shivaay. You killed that whore I didn't." Bhargav hollered.

"I wish I had. It was an accident. She tripped and hit her head on the stone. "

"You bloody left her there. If you had taken her to the hospital she would have lived. "

Shivaay remained silent. "She didn't deserve my help."

"You were the stupid one Shivaay. You couldn't see what a bitch she was. She was the reason your brother committed suicide. Under your very nose. You didn't see that. "

Shivaay stared at him. Shocked was euphemism. "What?" His voice trailed.

"Reality check Shivaay. Rudra killed himself because of her. Under your very nose, in your very house, she had her way with your brother. She was a bloody whore."

"No " Shivaay gasped.

"Yes Shivaay. I had warned you she is a whore. With you only for your money. But you thought I was interested in her. Honestly, perhaps I was a little. But you know what, she walked in that night. She began the wrongs. Later that night she got drunk and revealed this to me. I was going to tell you about it. But before that you came in the morning and fought with me. Then you went to meet her and called me there so that you could trap me in her murder. You ruined it Shivaay. You ruined my life and your brother's life trusting Aditi. "

A lone tear escaped Shivaay's eyes. The last letter his brother wrote said 'Sorry Bhaiya'. Years had passed but still Shivaay didn't know what he meant by that. It killed him every moment. He somehow had a gut feeling that he was involved in Rudra's drastic step to end his life. It made him feel guilty about it. Now he knew. He was responsible for Rudra's death. He was never the great brother. Never a good son. He sucked at everything. How could he fall for a woman who brought his life to shattered pieces. Aditi Verma. He closed his eyes remembering how madly he went around proclaiming that his world revolved around her. She had freaking destroyed it all, when he had hoped for her to magically make his life worthwhile.

"I wish I had killed her. I wish." He uttered, his eyes filled with moisture. The reddish ring around the blue looked like oceans set to fire. 

Anika bit her lips listening to everything. Her heart madly thudding. This world was cruel. Very cruel.

"Not a time to regret that now. " Bhargav scowled unbuttoning his shirt. "You punished me for nothing Shivaay. Do you know what happened with me behind those bars?" He peeled his shirt discarding it aside to reveal the man scars his body held.