Chapter 34 : Beneath The Devil's Mask

Shivaay was in his room. Once again his past swore to not leave him. Ever since the minute he had heard the boy speak out his name he was lost. Lost in the painful past and pit of regret and guilt. Rudra. He missed him. Pouring out some more whiskey in his crystal glass he admired the color. He stopped midway deciding to drink from the bottle instead. His past never left him. It was always there, no matter how much he tried to run away from himself.  

He walked up to the bed and sat on the floor leaning against the bed. He gulped in a big sip from the bottle. The liquid slid down his throat like a river of fire. He should not think about Rudra. His last note to him. He shouldn't pity himself. He shouldn't blame himself. It was all because of that bitch. How he wished he never loved her. Did he even love her? Did he really? But she never made him feel like the way Anika made him feel. 

Anika. What was she made of? She was so weak, and yet she would stand against him with that fake courage. He smiled. How he wished he could just take her in his arms and live like that forever. He would worship her, love her, make love to her, kiss her. Kiss her hard, kiss her gently, kiss her passionately, kiss her lovingly. He was a barren land thirsty for rain. She was like the rain that brought so much love. He loved it when she fought with him instead of getting scared like a kitten. He always loved intimidating her. That way he had all her attention and ruled her brain. More, he loved being close to her. He loved finding ways to touch her. He had never felt so strongly before for a woman. What he felt for Aditi wasn't even remotely close to what he felt for Anika. It was like Anika was a fire, a fire he desired to be burnt in. But he feared it. His fear, it was his fear that kept his brewing desires in check. How he wished to let loose those desires and act upon each one of them. He needed Anika. He sighed closing his eyes and leaning his head back on the bed. He needed her, more than anything he had ever needed. 

* * *

Anika held the little boy's hand as she hurried to get into the lift. 

"You work here?" He asked appalled. 

"Yes, Ru." She smiled. Just one night, and she had formed an endearing bond with this little boy. Three hours, last night, they had stayed up talking. 

"Alright, now listen up. Don't roam around here you might get locked. These doors get automatically locked. I will .."

The elevator doors opened and Anika's gaze froze. Like always. There he stood, dressed in his pitch-black business suit. She noted he had trimmed his beard. He looked like the epitome of elegance and class. His blue eyes that once upon a time scared her, now were all she dreamed about. How did he manage to look so handsome every freaking time? Anika tried not to admire his facial features, as he stepped in. He snapped before her eyes. 

"Done, checking me out?"  That smirk played at his lips. Anika would hate to admit it but it did pull the strings of her heart.

"That is your fantasy talking again. Why on earth would I check you out? " Anika blurted the first thing that came to her mind.

His smirk grew. "Liar."

Anika felt all warm on her cheeks. Damn. She was blushing. As realization struck she turned away from his gaze and smiled a little. Quickly wiping that smile away she turned to him again, "Liars often accuse others of lying." She met his eyes. He smiled and as though he was reminded of the facade he had to keep the smile faded. She looked at him with a soft gaze. Why did he not let himself be? Just once, let loose the mind and live with the heart. 

His eyes she noted were now in the boy. He looked at her perplexed. "You brought him here?"

"Yeah. I couldn't leave him all alone at home."