Chapter 13 - Devil's Despair

Flashback

"Was there any information about her?" A frantic Shivaay asked the security head.

"No Sir. According to the CCTV footage she had left for the party at eight. After that there is no glimpse of her. "

"What about her phone ? Has it been traced. "

"We have sent the request Sir."

"Don't know where this girl is. I hope she's okay. Get me her location as soon as you can. " he ordered sitting on the couch his face covered by his palms. He hoped she was okay. 

"Hey what's happening?" Omkara inquired looking at Shivaay as he heard the last bit of what Shivaay said. Ever since Rudra's death, Shivaay wasn't the same man. He would get worked up with a little unexpected situation. He had become over-protective about the entire family especially Omkara. Omkara had no clue why his ever charming happy go lucky attitude brother had taken the horrendous step. Rudra was about free spirit, he was a fun loving sweet guy who loved his life. What made him end his own life? A question Omkara couldn't find the answer to. 

He missed Rudra. He missed him a lot than he ever thought he could miss him. It was rightly said, one only realised the importance of a person when the person was gone. Rudra's suicide had caused a hollow unending darkness to blanket the family. His parents were mourning in silence. He knew they were.  While his mother preferred to remain drowning in alcohol, his dad preferred the company of his mistress. It killed Omkara. It disgusted him. He hated that he shared the same blood. He pitied his mother. He loathed his father. His mother was a wonderful woman. But sadly, as he grew up he saw her dwindling away in pain and sorrow. That wonderful woman was lost. So much for loving a man with her full heart. 

Love pained. Who better than him could know? His failing relationship with Riddhima was a living example. He loved her with all might he could. To get back what? The hollow feeling?

Omkara had decided to end everything with Riddhima. But Rudra's sudden death had left him in a bubble of misery that showed no sign that it would break. He wanted to end the pain. He wanted to go back into that state where he could feel none of it. Go back to those substances that could help him walk out of this hell into his personal space where he didn't know who he was. But, one man held him back. His other brother. Shivaay. 

Omkara could decline that Shivaay had already done a lot for him. When he at eighteen had taken to drugs it was Shivaay who had pulled him out of that notorious pit. He had made him a man again. He knew Rudra's death pained him especially that note that read 'Sorry Bhaiya'. It had been a mystery. To Omkara as well. 

"It's Aditi Om. She had gone out last night with her friends. I woke up this morning to find out that she never came back."

"Relax Shivaay, she perhaps stayed over at her friend's place. It's barely morning. Wait a while I am sure she'll be back." Omkara spoke rubbing Shivaay's back. He seemed too tensed.

"She would have dropped a message or called. Nothing. Her phone's switched off. I am scared. I hope she is okay. If something happens to her..I won't.." His voice trailed off.