Chapter 4 - The Devil's Ways

Anika walked into his office adjusting her clothes. She wore a skirt today. It ended over her knees. It was a much comfortable one. She knocked on the door and getting the response from Arun walked in. 

"Hi!" She greeted the man seeing no trace of the devil. 

"Hey! So how's it going?" He asked sweetly.

"How on earth do you cope up with so much work? I have practically trimmed down my sleeping hours. " she responded warmly.

Arun chuckled. "Gets a little hectic!"

"Little? You're kidding, right?" Anika rolled her eyes going about arranging his table. Pausing her actions she looked at Arun, "When will your leg be fine?" She asked biting her lower lip, hoping soon. 

"Another two weeks, perhaps. I will resume my work then. And don't work yourself up. Whenever there's something you can't deal with drop me a mail. I am online and active throughout the working hours except for the lunch hour, of course. "

Anika smiled. "Thanks. I was.." She quickly shut her mouth and stood aside as the devil stormed into his office room in the mansion.

"Arun, I need you to contact the KR Architects and set up a meeting this Wednesday. Arrange for a meeting with GK wedding planners this Friday. Rupaali Events Friday afternoon. Venue visits on Saturday, Omkara and Gauri will be going. And editor Mohan Mehra I want to see him with his final plan this Saturday evening."

"You were expected at the opening of this orphanage, ahh, the name was Sunshine Home, this Saturday." Arun informed looking at the computer screen. 

"Scrap it. Drop an excuse an hour earlier to the event. Send mom if she's free. " he said finally acknowledging the presence of Anika dressed in a black formal skirt and light blue shirt neatly tucked. Her hair tied up in a neat bun. 

"Good Morning Sir." She said looking at him and then quickly lowered her gaze.

"Let's go." Was all he said. 

She nodded carrying her bag. She turned momentarily waving at Arun. He gave her a thumbs up.

She sat silently as the car pulled away from the mansion. Her phone beeped. Anika had totally forgotten to put it on silent. "Sorry sir." She mumbled quickly taking her phone out and switching it to the silent mode. Her eyes caught glimpse of a message from Riddhima Arora's secretary. She was tempted to see what it had to say. Ridhhima was a well known fashion designer. She worked for a TV series as the lead designer. She looked up to find his careful gaze on her. She dropped the phone back into her bag and sat up straight. 

"Schedule for today?" He ordered.

She quickly brought out the diary and filled him in. She didn't like the way he looked at her. She had to get herself out of his radar. Sooner the better.

Luckily for Anika, the plan for lunch was Shivaay had a private meeting with some foreign clients. Even Anika wasn't allowed to be there. Riddhima's secretary and informed her that she could meet her on the sets during the afternoon. Anika had an hour. Fortunately the film city wasn't far. She hired an auto and prepared herself. She had planned of being direct in her dealings. Of course she had lied that she was a design student who happened to watch the show and was amazed at the designs. Anika didn't even know the show's name until she saw the banner at the film city gates. She flashed the security id she had been sent and easily located her destination with the help of the artists and stage workers. 

She knocked on the door, that read Fashion Room and was immediately asked to come in. She walked in to find two women inside. One of the two she recognized as Riddhima. She looked different from the photos she had seen. She was tall, had long hair and a sweet face. She wondered what made her leave Omkara. What was so wrong with that man?