Chapter 2 - The Devil Strikes

Anika entered the mansion quietly. The servant led her to the living hall. Anika gulped looking around. Thankfully no one was around. She perched upon the edge of the sofa, while the servant went to inform Jaanvi.

After a wait of ten minutes, the servant asked her to go down the corridor to Jaanvi's study. Anika nodded and did as she was told. She took a deep breath. Things could go so awkward considering the fact that her sister was to be a daughter-in-law in the same family. 

She pushed open the door and smiled asking for permission. A momentary confidence kicked in as she saw Jaanvi smile. She took two steps and her confidence slipped as she noted the presence of  a man in the room. The Devil. 

"Sit Anika!" Jaanvi said looking at her screen.

Anika gulped and decide to ignore his presence. "Good morning Ma'am."

"Good to see you again. I thought you had other plans for your career. "

Anika listened carefully, she had expected this to come. "Yes, but I realised sometimes it's not ambition that matters. It's the job satisfaction." Anika fumbled at the beginning but was confident towards the end, even though she knew she was speaking reasons that were crass. 

Jaanvi smiled. "There's a lot you'll learn."

Anika smiled.

"I am sorry Anika but I already have a PA whose pretty efficient. I can offer you other positions in the company.." Anika's face fell. She bit her lower lip trying to think of something. Little did she know that the other person in the room was carefully hearing and watching her like a hawk. 

"I'd love to work for you Ma'am. That..."

"Badi Maa, I am looking for a secondary personal assistant. "

The two women turned staring at him. 

"Oh well, then the two of you could talk about it and see if it works. I am sure Anika would love the opportunity. Yes?" Jaanvi looked at Anika for a confirmation. 

"Yeah..I would." Anika said giving Shivaay a glance. His blue eyes scared her. But she was aware how often Shivaay worked from home. That was her opportunity and she was willing to grab it with all the risks that it cane with. 

"I will meet you later then. " Shivaay turned speaking to Jaanvi.

Jaanvi smiled.

"I hope you're free for a few minutes, we can go through the paperwork. You can get on work from tomorrow. "

Anika nodded and then followed him out after thanking Jaanvi.