Chapter 16 - The Devil's Secret Desire

Shivaay gently laid her sleeping form on the bed. He couldn't find it in himself to tear away the gaze from her face. She looked so angelic. The dim light filling the darkness of the room only made the sight before him more tender and alluring. He lazily moved the strands of her hair settling them aside away from her face. Steadily he puled the duvet over her. His eyes once again found themselves glued to her. He was dazed by her. He couldn't understand how someone could look so beautiful effortlessly. Her perfectly plump lips seemed to be calling to him. Something stirred in him, it took over his thinking.He leaned closer as though being controlled by the aura that surrounded her. He planted his lips over hers. Gently his lips brushed over hers. She moved slightly in sleep and he immediately realised what he had been doing. His breaths were heavy as he pulled back staring at her, not moving an inch. She was positively asleep, due to the sleeping pill he had asked Kabir to add in her milk. 

A minute passed by. He steadily outstretched his hand and caressed her cheeks. He smiled softly, adjusting the end of the duvet that had been folded. The smile disappeared. What was he even doing? He pulled his hand back. First the attraction then the craving, and now the emotional attachment. It was all going the wrong way. He couldn't let himself do this again. He raised his gaze letting it caress her face. He shouldn't feel this way. He got off the bed in a jiffy and walked away to the door. Placing his hand on the frame of the door he turned to see her sleeping figure. He must contain his desires, the desires that boiled for her before it was too late.

* * *

Anika opened her eyes with considerable effort sitting up straight. She looked around sleepily stretching herself. After many days she seemed to have got nice sleep. The cream colored curtains shone like golden which told her the sun was up and on duty. She sighed and got off the bed. She froze looking around. She didn't remember sleeping on the bed last night. Weird. She picked up the towel and entered the washroom. It was not until she turned the shower down that she recollected drinking milk and he came out from the shadows magically. After that blank. 

Anika sat on the bed after wearing the second set of clothes that had been left for her. She peeled the bandage on her forehead, wincing as it stung. She began cleaning the wound with an antisceptic when there was a knock at the door of the room. "yeah."

"Good morning!" The doctor greeted. Anika a little surprised smiled wishing her back.  The lady immediately got to her side. "Let us see how is it." She said placing her bag on the bed.

"It's fine. I could've done it myself."

The lady smiled. "It's very rare to see young ladies with such strong will power. "

Anika smiled. 

"How's your ankle?"

"Perfectly okay." Anika answered.

"And the elbow?"

"It's a little itchy but okay."

"Wonderful, young lady. We'll fix this and you'll be ready to go." The lady spoke tending to the wound on Anika's forehead.