Chapter 27 : Dancing With The Devil

Absolutely no words were exchanged. Anika simply was allowing herself to drown in his eyes. There were moments such as these where he seemed to be a completely different person. When he looked into her eyes there wasn't that coldness. There was a fire that seemed more like longing. At least she wanted to name it that, cause it reminded her of her own self. She longed for someone. Someone who could hold her in his arms. Someone who loved her. Someone who would be by her till her last breath. Someone, someone special. He was nothing of them all, yet she found herself drawn to him. Enigma he was, she couldn't understand why despite everything bitter he had done to her she still couldn't hate him completely.

Shivaay found himself weak again. She was so close physically. He wanted to kiss those luscious lips again. He wanted to relive those moments of closeness. But, more than that he wanted this dance to never end. His anger had suddenly faded away into the air around. Her eyes had captivated him. The more he tried to push her away, the closer she came. She was driving him insane. 

As he twirled her around and pulled her back in his arms, her soft body collided into his. Anika gasped lightly, he smirked tightening his hold.  For some very odd reason, he liked her discomfort, her nervousness. Anika swallowed hard as she saw that smirk on his face. It sent shivers down her spine. It hinted that the many demons in his mind were out to play. 

He was enjoying unsettling her by proximity, his eyes doing a to and fro from her eyes to down at her neck. Suddenly the smirk vanished. His jaw tightened. Anika blinked at the sudden change of his expressions. She felt his hold on her waist go firmer. The next thing she knew was he had twirled her a little and made her lean all the way down. Anika was close to expecting to meet the hard floor. However she did not. He was leaning over her. Something happened. Anika wasn't sure what it was. But there was something. She saw rage in his eyes. Her hands had tightly held on to the lapels of his blazer. He quickly helped her straighten up and then dragged her into the shadows. "Stay here." Was all he said. He sprinted away down the stage and out from the dining hall. Anika caught glimpse of someone running ahead of him. What on earth was happening?

Anika stood perplexed when she saw Omkara hurriedly followed Shivaay. Something was definitely wrong. She saw Gauri and quickly ran to get to her side. 

"What's happening?" She asked Gauri clearly baffled.

"I don't know, Omkara suddenly saw Shivaay running behind someone and he did the same. "He asked me to be here and with you. I hope everything is okay."

"Let's go and see." Anika suggested holding her sisters hand.

"No. If Omkara asked us to stay here. He would've had a reason. "

"Gauri what if something is very wrong. What if they get into trouble."

Gauri looked tensed."I hope they're fine."

"Let's go till the door." Anika said walking ahead. Gauri simply followed.

Once outside the two sisters looked around. "Omkara!" Gauri saw Omkara's figure in the faint lawn lights.