↑T W E N T Y - F I V E↓

"Your soft heart is a
blessing not a curse"
Gemma Troy

✘✘✘

I stared up as the small black screen filled up with changing numbers as I stood in the elevator

I stared up as the small black screen filled up with changing numbers as I stood in the elevator. I had contemplated just going back home but the better part of me told me to take the drive and it led me to the hospital.

I smiled at someone who entered as I vacated the elevator and moved towards the area I assumed I would find my friend. I walked over to the receptionist, "Hi, do you perhaps know if Jeff Hardy has gone into surgery yet?"

"I'm not really allowed to disclose that information."

Of course they weren't, this is what happens when you show up uninvited I suppose.

I sighed before smiling, "Its just that he really wanted me to see him before he went in. We've been together for two years and its the first time we're going through something so serious. I wasn't sure I'd make it in time so now I'm abit confused about his room and time of surgery. I would really appreciate it if I were able to see him?"

Her heart seemed to melt for the desperate girlfriend story and I wasn't sure if I felt proud of myself for selling it or guilty for my lie.

"He hasn't gone into surgery yet. He is in the room third to your right" She pointed down the hallway before vacating the area with some folders in hand.

"Thank you so much!" I made my way down the hallway and soon found my way to his door that was open. His head was rested back as he was in bed watching TV but my presence was soon felt and he seemed pretty surprised.

"Alexa?" He frowned sitting up abit.

"Hey" I smiled nervously as maybe I hadn't thought things through and moved towards the bed.

He returned my smile but couldn't hide his confusion, "What are you doing here?"

"You texted me a couple days ago that Matt wasn't going to be here. I have been feeling lonely backstage for the most part and you said Matt is all you have on the road. And so I just thought no one should be going into surgery not having someone here" I shrugged as it was my honest reasoning, that and I figured I could give up one day of hibernation.

He chuckled, "That's sweet, I really appreciate it. So we must really be friends then?"

At least he wasn't upset by my presence, that had been my worst case scenario as I drove over here. He had surprised me last week by talking to me but I did appreciate his efforts and realized besides the fact that I had felt used for letting him know about Paige he was a nice guy. I still wasn't sure why he even bothered making conversation with me because I could be standoffish so I gave him an A for effort. "Sure are, so you can call me Lexi. When do you go in for surgery?"