☆F O R T Y - T H R E E☆

"Make room in your heart
for those who are willing to stay"
Dhiman

▲▲▲

I slowly slipped on my emerald wedding ring with a small smile as I always did

I slowly slipped on my emerald wedding ring with a small smile as I always did. I hated taking it off so I made sure it was the first thing I put on after a shower. I was about to move out of the bathroom in my towel but heard laughing and voices so I chose to get dressed first.

I frowned as I opened the door and saw Brock and while I had assumed my Beast was either with my brother or Paul, it was neither.

"Uhm Hi, Jeff" I smiled slightly, recalling what he had corrected me with the first time I spoke to him the night I had driven with him in his car.

He gave me a nod having cleared his throat and stood up once he noticed me entering. "I will see you around, I have to get ready for my segment"

"Have a good night" Brock chuckled giving him a wave before Elias exited while his eyes found me, "what, baby?"

I shrugged and moved onto his lap and traced over his frown lines which led to my Beast leaning his head back and closing his eyes, "Just the first time someone new has been in our locker room, I could have walked out here naked."

"He wouldn't have cared" He lazily looked at me with his eyes opening slightly.

I raised my eyebrow, genuinely surprised by his answer, "here I thought I had a good body"

"You have a great body, Kenz." He chuckled and pulled me closer towards him and I knew it was because he really didn't want to continue talking.

"Is he gay?" I frowned as Brock would glare at the mere thought of someone seeing me nude so there had to be...

"Maybe" he smirked and I rolled my eyes knowing I wasn't going to get anything out of him even when he would do anything to please me. I thought of perhaps telling him I would ask Elias since he had never really been rude to me but we both knew I wouldn't.

"You love the fact that I don't understand your friendship, don't you?" I nudged my nose over his and slowly bit onto his cheek which caused him to glare so I gave him a brief kiss.

"I never said we were friends" he chuckled.

"The last time you didn't even want to intervene when he was outnumbered in a fight and now he comes over at least once a month, when I'm not there might I add. I just don't get it" I pouted.

"Don't pull that face on me" he narrowed his eyes and I giggled as he pulled me against his chest.

"You love my innocent face" I whispered into his lips while his hands moved beneath his merch tee I wore, along with leggings.

"The door ain't locked"

"Usually I'm pushed up against it so that's irrelevant"

"Very true. I'm happy you ain't sick anymore" He smiled as I had a pretty bad flu and he had been a good husband. He had blamed it on me overdoing it with the alcohol when we had celebrated Paige's return.