↓F I F T Y↑

"Be bold with your heart and take risks despite your fear, life doesn't pass without pain so we might as well pretend we have control."
R. Clift

♣♣♣

Royal Rumble 2018

P A I G E

I stared blankly out of the window but felt a tap on my shoulder and stared over at Lexi. We were driving over to the arena for the Royal Rumble and that consisted of Elias in the backseat. On a normal day I would have probably been annoying him and teasing her but I allowed myself to sink into the darkness before I had to be the fun Paige everyone knew and loved at work.

We were currently stuck in traffic and I raised my eyebrow as I thought I had heard her say something but hadn't quite heard properly, "It might not be any of my business but are you and Finn alright?"

"Yeah we're okay. I just don't know how good our relationship is right now, but we'll get through it I suppose." I shrugged as we hadn't spoken much even though I was on the road here and there accompanying Mandy and Sonya.

There were several things weighing on me when it came to our relationship. But I also didn't feel like balancing all of those. "Did he say anything?"

"No. He is Finn and happy that you are still on the road. I just know how it is, sometimes the guy who steals your heart doesn't always know what chaos is inside of it" She shrugged, and her words brought a small smile to my face because it was indeed as if she managed to read my mind.

"Am I that obvious? I thought I was still my lovable self" I pouted which caused her to laugh.

"You are. I just know it all can’t be easy, I know the heat between you and Sasha has settled since you called it truce. But a lot is happening"

I sighed, "You know what makes me sad, pumpkin? The fact that this feels like the year for us but I won't be able to be a part of it. I'm going to be a freaking commentator out there tonight, watching everyone compete. Past, present, future and I know all that's going to be going through my mind is if I'm part of the past"

"I don't know what is going on inside of your body, but I don't think you could ever be a part of the past. Your entire life has been built around this business, so I feel like you will always be present. Maybe not physically doing what you love but in other ways, look at Daniel Bryan" 

"I didn't think I could love you more, but I do. You are such a sweet bliss, you know that?" I leaned over and kissed her cheek as we pulled into the arena.

She laughed, "I just don't want you to feel like you are alone in a crowded place because you aren't."

◆◆◆

"Like how is your pinky that large!" I gasped as I compared my hand to the monster's as we sat in the middle of nowhere. 

"It's just how it is. " He chuckled. 

"I am very happy I am not your girlfriend, no offense" I teased before sipping my coffee while he laughed out just as Nia came down, having gotten her hair done. 

"You look good, baby" He smiled which made me smile too, seeing her blush as she punched his arm. 

"She better look good. We're making history tonight! " I screamed out, feeling much better than I had on the way here which was thanks to the lovely people in my life. 

"Oooh non-couple alert"

She briefly glanced behind her and saw what I saw, Elias holding Alexa's championship while she slipped on a jacket as they walked down the hallway. She rolled her eyes at something he said while he chuckled and she smiled before stopping. "Do you think they're going to turn around cause they saw us? "