↑F I F T Y - T H R E E↓

"I wish we could be strangers again.
I wish we could start again.
I wish we could walk in the rain.
I wish, you could wish the same. "
Smily Verma

♞♞♞

S E T H

"You didn't have to come with me, you know?" I heard Paige's voice as I shut the engine off once I got into a good parking spot.

"I know, Kenzie is visiting Brock's sister in Australia so I think it was a must. You don't have to handle everything on your own just because your family is all the way in England" I shrugged because I knew she prided herself on being independent but in the end having someone with you when you heard bad news was better than wallowing alone.

"I know I have you guys but I just don't feel like the look you are going to give me if I get bad news." She glanced out of the window and slowly begun biting on her nails.

"Like the look you gave me when I broke my ankle?" I narrowed my eyes as she had been crying and while it hadn't caused me to feel anxious, I didn't like seeing her that emotional.

She rolled her eyes, "Fine, give me the puppy eyes. It's fine. I will just ignore them... I just realized both of us had freak accidents at a live event."

"So is the fate of star crossed lovers" I pouted dramatically, wavering my hand in the air while she burst out laughing and swat it down.

"We are definitely far from lovers"

I lazily rest my head back and stared at her, "Are we? I have loved you since you walked into my life and I have tried so hard to stop and just be what we are, but I still love you. Its why I cant move on and why every time I do move on something happens. Yes, maybe it's just bad luck and some karma thrown in but sometimes don't you just look at things and wonder if maybe they are trying to align"

"You are contradicting yourself, you just said we were star crossed" she smiled not showing how she felt about my words which didn't surprise me because she always had a good pokerface. Its what made it so difficult to read her back when we were more than the close friends we were now.

"Because we do things to stay out of that zone but don't you wonder what would happen if we just tried again?" I stared at her seriously which she realized and shook her head.

"You destroyed me, Seth. All the things you put me through, the uncertainty and constantly comparing myself to the other women you were intrigued by. I went through so much and I forgave you so we could be friends cause I knew you would always be in my life, even more so after I met McKenzie. I still love you and that will never change because you were my first real love but I cant go back to that. You're one of the reasons I'm scarred and I've learnt going back to what caused them doesn't work out for me." She bit her lip slightly before briefly staring at me.

"So you're saying there's absolutely no chance for us? Saraya, that was years ago. I had my head up my ass back then" I sighed as I had gone through a lot since then and certainly matured quite abit too.

"When you cheated on Leighla too, was your head still lost in your ass then too?" She glared and I felt my jaw clench because I had dealt with her wrath after that mistake. At the time I hadn't been sure if it was because her, Leighla and Kenzie had formed a trio or if she was holding onto things I had done in the past while being with her. I guess it was probably abit of both...

"Come on!" I scoffed. "You know what I don't understand?"

"What? That instead of keeping things buried like we promised to, you want to bring it up right now?"