My Guardian ● Part 9

“What if we get caught?” I hushed spoke to Harry, we were in the middle of the shopping centre rushing through the many crowds to get to our first place of mischief.

“We won’t, no one can see me remember.” He wiggled his eye brows pulling me into a small fruit and veg shop. “Right act normal now or people will find out you’re crazy,” I hit him on the arm playfully laughing at his comment. “Ouch, did I ever tell you I could juggle by the way?” I raised one eye brow at him. Looks like the fun started now. He took four apples out of a nearby basket beginning to juggle them with a smug expression. “Let’s do this.” He said excitedly walking around the corner to the next aisle where I women was stood looking over the various types of vegetables picking the odd carrot and then placing it back.

I hid quietly behind a few boxes watching in secret trying to hold back my laughter and not notice Harry walking over next to her juggling the apples. I had to physically bit my lip so hard when she finally noticed. She caught it out of the corner of her eye before fully turning to look at it, her eyes nearly popped out of her head as she blinked trying to be sure of what she was seeing in front of her. To her it just looked like apples turning in circles in mid air.

She stuttered for a second before shouting. “SATAN THE DEVIL IS UPON US!” Dropping her carrots and running out of the shop causing Harry to drop the apples and burst out laughing.

We both ran out of the store before anyone could come have a look because honestly I couldn’t hold my laughter any more, I felt like I was about to burst.

“That, was, hilarious.” I said in-between laughs bent over hiding behind a pillar with Harry.

“Did you see her face oh my god.” He pulled a face of shock imitating the poor women.

“You’ve probably scarred her for life.” He shrugged his shoulders still laughing.

“Come on let’s go have some more fun.” He pulled me towards a tattoo and piercing shop this time.

My eyes grew wide, there was no way I was getting a tattoo, no, no, no, not happening! I don’t know why but the simple thought of needles made me think of a lot of pain. “No way, na na na not happening Styles.” He gave a small laugh.

“I know trust me; you’re not good with needles and pain. You learned that last time you came.” I pulled him to a stop.

“What I’ve been to a tattoo place before?” I asked confused.

He gave a small nod and walked behind me placing his finger on the middle of my back just below the neck. “It’s not big or anything but it says ‘lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones...’ with a small half of a heart below it.” He left his finger resting on the spot.

“What does it mean?” I asked quietly.

He stayed silent for a few moments keeping his finger pressed on my back. “It means you like Coldplay’s song ‘Fix You’.” He said unevenly removing his finger now and walking in front of me. “Now come on this will be funny to prank.”

I gave him a long stare, both of our eyes connecting for a second and in that moment I could tell that wasn’t the whole truth, I could tell there was a story behind my tattoo, a story that had a lot behind it and that Harry really wanted to tell me but he knew he couldn’t. His eyes went soft as if pleading for me to let it go for now.

“Let’s go.” I gave him a small smile following him into the tattoo shop.

“HELP OH MY GOD CALL THE POLICE! THERES A FLOATING FUCKING NEEDLE IS IN MY SHOP!” The tattoo artist ran out of the shop screaming like a little girl after seeing the needle floating around near his arm.

“Quick let’s get out of here!” Harry dropped the needle already in hysterics while I stared with my mouth dropped open at the sight of the tattoo covered huge man running out crying.

“That was insane!” I finally said beginning to burst out laughing when we ran out of the shopping centre and out of everyone’s sight.

“Fun though.” Harry laughed giving me his cheeky grin; I couldn’t deny that was honestly one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life.

“One of the funniest.” I couldn’t help give a huge smile in return for the one he was giving me, the one that showed his dimples and a row of white straight teeth.

“Good you deserved a fun day.” He wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked.

We were heading through the park still laughing and remembering the faces of the scared people we had just pranked and also planning who else we could prank next time. It was really relaxed and fun, like between two friends just having a care free day, enjoying every second. “So when is our next pranking day going to take place Styles.” I looked up to see him staring ahead with a small smile on his face before he stopped still in his tracks and looking down at me.

“Urm soon but I have to go now, I’ll see you later.” I hesitated for a moment, what? Where was he going? But before I could ask he spoke again. “Don’t worry I’m always nearby, remember that.” He then disappeared into thin air leaving me completely alone. I threw my hands in the air annoyed by his sudden exit, what the hell was that about?! He just had to go ruin the day didn’t he; he just had to go disappear like that.

I shook my head annoyed, wondering why he would do that when I saw what he was looking at a few seconds ago or should I say who he was looking at.

Sat on a bench in front of me, completely alone again was Zayn Malik. No one else was around it was just him sat alone on a small bench in the middle of the park and me, now just a few steps away. This is why Harry had gone; he knew I would want to talk to him.

I walked over and sat down next to him again, him once again not saying a word or even changing the way he sat. Just continuing to smoke again, personally I normally hated smokers but for Zayn it was just something that I saw as part of him, something that I was used to when I was around him.

I decided to skip the small talk today and just go to the point. “Did you know me before my accident?” He scrunched his face up slightly trying to decide between yes and no but just kind of moved his hand from left to right indicating a yes and no sort of gesture.

 I nodded and continued to ask the questions. “You know about me though?”

He nodded.

I sighed wondering if he would speak this time. “You’re not very sociable are you?”

He shook his head.

“How do you know about me then?” He let go another breath of smoke.

“Similar situations.” was all he said.

“What, back before I lost my memory?”

He nodded.

“Are we still?”

He thought for a second letting his eyebrows cross together, before turning to look at me. He stared at my eyes, looking as if he was examining me up close for once. “Yes, different situations to what it was before slightly or maybe some is still the same, depends really.” I think that was the longest sentence I’ve ever heard him speak.

“Depends on what?”

“If you found what you needed, which you probably didn’t because that’s probably why you’re here to be honest and if you’re still friends with Niall Horan.” I couldn’t speak for a few seconds, startled by what he had just said; did Zayn know why Harry was still here? Did he know about my accident and something about Niall I hadn’t found out yet?