5

Rachel's POV

I am busy touching up my make-up in the bathroom. I can still feel goosebumps in my hand. I can't believe I let that man hold my hand. I'm very upset with myself but to be honest what infuriates me the most is that I actually liked it. 

I felt sparks and I don't remember the last time I felt something like that with my boyfriend Shawn. In fact these days, we just fight about my long working hours. Though for someone who complains about me not spending  enough time with him, he was very quick to decline accompanying me tonight.  

My speech went well and I got a few compliments. I'm actually happy that tonight is going well so far. I guess I don't have to be concerned about my career but the same cannot be said  about my love life.

As I walk back to my table, I can see that Daniel Carter is sitting at the opposite table and my chair is facing him directly. Just my luck, I can't believe that he is actually the CEO of Carter Enterprises. With that stinking attitude, I wonder how he treats his employees. 

"Oh Rach, you are back. You  should have let me accompany you to the powder room" Julia comments. She is one of the girls sitting at my table. She already thinks we are besties. She even invited me on a shopping spree on Wednesday, which was a shock to my system. How are you shopping in the middle of week during  the day? That was until she introduced me to her husband, which I had initially assumed it was her father.

Thank God,I did not start a conversation and mistakenly refer to them as daughter and father.

" Rach, the Dan Carter has hots for you." Julia whispers to me.  I look up and I can see that Daniel Carter is looking over at our table. Our eyes lock and I look directly at him. I am not going to back down first. He just has this smirk on his face. I hate guys like that. 

If a guy is hot and he knows it. It is the worst combination ever. The cocky attitude  and expecting girls to fall at their feet. It is such a turn off for me. 

I think the old  lady said something to him and he looks away from me.

" Julia, I think he was just looking over this side. You are reading too much into the situation, besides his chair is directly facing our table."

" Don't you like him then? I would totally do him if I wasn't already married."

"Great speech Miss Smith, very informative indeed." Julia's husband interrupts our conversation. And I am grateful I don't have to respond to Julia's comment.

"Thank you" I respond Julia's husband. And  the rest of the table congratulates me as well. They all move on to the next topic and I tune out the table conversation.

My thoughts go back to what Daniel Carter said to me."Talk to you soon"  I don't  want to be associated with that guy. His first impression screams bad news. I really don't want to add my name on his long lists of conquests. Besides, I have a boyfriend. We have a little bit of issues now , we will work through our problems and we will be happy again. All relationships have ups and downs. These are our down moments.

What is good for me is to stay far away from Mr Daniel Carter.

                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>