25

Rachel's POV

Dan is driving the car. We are on our way to the undisclosed destination. Dan is wearing jeans, a golf t-shirt and a leather jacket. Why does he  look so hot all the time?

Honestly he is driving me insane. That kiss that we shared at his apartment left me bothered and unsatisfied. It was hot and I can still feel goosebumps where he touched me.

I touch my lips and they are a little bit swollen. 

" I could pay big bucks just to know what you are thinking right now?" Dan interrupts my thoughts.

"Eyes on the road. I still want to live longer."

"Why are you blaming me whilst you are busy distracting me."

"And how am I distracting you Mr Carter?"

"With your beauty."

I feel my cheeks warming up. Seriously being around Dan is not good for my health. Now I am sure that I look like a ripe tomato.

"Do you have siblings?" I ask him as I want to move away from where this conversation is heading.

"You don't like compliments is that why you are changing the subject?"

"I am just curios Dan."

"What picked your curiosity about my family all of the sudden?"  So glad he seems to be interested in current topic now.

"Earlier today, I thought John was your brother."

"Oh really, I will let him know. He will have a field day with this info." He laughs.

"To answer your question Miss Smith, I do have siblings. Two sisters who are older than me and my lil brother."

He smiles fondly while he mentioned his brother. He must really like him.

"I initially thought that you were the last born or an only child."

"Why?"

"Your arrogance, stinking attitude and self entitlement."

"Wow, I am all those things Miss Smith."

"No wonder you put up with me." He laughs.

"On the contrary,I want to punch you in the face most of the time."

He laughs even harder.

"Oh Miss Smith, you are the only person that can brighten my day."

"Glad I can contribute to your amusement." 

I notice that Dan turned away from the highway. We are now driving in a place that is surrounded by wine farms. This place is just peaceful and beautiful.

"So we are going wine tasting."

"Yes indeed Rachel." I don't know a lot about wine but I guess this will be an educational experience for me.

"I know the owner of the wine estate. I thought this would be a perfect way for us to spend the day. Away from the busy city."

We drive in silence for a while.

"Do you have siblings?" Dan asks me.

"Yep, it is just me and my brother."

"I'm guessing you are the oldest."

"Why?" I ask him the same question.

"You are very responsible,caring and have this no nonsense attitude."

"Interesting observation Danny boy." I say as we pull into the driveway and I can see an old lady waiting for us at the entrance of the building we are approaching.

I checked the time and I noticed that the place is an hour and half outside of the city.The time now is around 1:30pm.

"Mrs Scott, this is Rachel." Dan introduces me.

" I am so glad that I could finally meet you Rachel." Mrs Scott pulls me into a hug. Who is this lady, have I met her?

"I am glad you took my advice Daniel. She gets more prettier everyday." She winks at him and Daniel blushes.

"Mrs Scott, I am famished. I hope you have made my favourite dish."

"Of course my boy, I made an exception for you today. It is not everyday that you just pop by with a hot date." Mrs Scott continues teasing Daniel.

This lady has no filter but I am enjoying her embarrassing Dan like this. 

"Oh it is also your lucky day. Your sister Olivia and her husband are here."

"I set-up the table for the four of you to have lunch on the balcony.Olivia couldn't believe me when I told her that you are bringing someone."

Dan seems to know his way around here. Since Mrs Scott walked the opposite direction after dropping the sister bomb on us.  Dan is now leading me to the stairs to the balcony now.

"You and Mrs Scott seem close."

"Yes, she is Jason's grandmother. Jason is my best friend and our families have been close since we were younger."

Great, I have just met a family friend and now I am about to meet his sister.

This is more than I bargained for.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>