28

Rachel's POV

It is Wednesday evening. I am rummaging my fridge thinking of what I will eat for dinner. Why can't I just be a chef like Jess and be able to whip something nice in 10 minutes.

Maybe I should just go take a shower and change my jogging clothes. By some miracle I will see dinner on my table after the shower.

My door bell rings. Maybe it is my mom bringing me food. Thank God for my amazing mom.

I race to the door to open. My mom is the only person that visits since my brother is in college.

"Mom, you have read....Daniel?" I am surprised to see him at my door step. How did he know where I live? I don't remember telling him .But this Daniel Carter, my address is not something that will give him sleepless nights.

"I am not even going to ask as to how you know where I live."

"Hello to you too." He kisses my cheek and walks right in.

"Feel free to come in as well." I say.

"For someone who has brought you dinner Rachel, I am sure you can be more welcoming." It is only now that I realise that he is caring a cooler box.

"I like your outfit." He smirks whilst checking me out.

"Pervert"

"You are not a great host, are you?"

"My apologies Mr Carter, would you like something to drink whilst I set up the table."

"That is more like it. I brought the wine you liked at the tasting. Where are your glasses, I will pour for both of us."

I think I should go and take a quick shower. Dan smells good and I am stinking.

"Do you mind If I go and take a quick shower whilst you prepare the food for us?" 

"Not at all, I was not counting on your assistance anyway."

"Why is that?"

"I am not even sure that you know how to use a microwave. He glances at the big sticker on my fridge with the fire department emergency number."

"Jess gave me that and forced me to put it up there." Jess is crazy sometimes, she even insisted that I send her a picture as evidence that I put it up.

Dan laughs and I live him alone and I go to my bedroom to take a shower. 

I decide to wear my sweatpants and a camisole top. I put on Dan's jacket the one he borrowed me the other day.

When I walk back into the kitchen it smells nice and Daniel has set- up the table and dished the food as well.

My stomach growls. 

Dan laughs.

"I think we should eat before someone dies of hunger."

"The butter chicken tastes really good." I comment.

"Edith made it and I just heated it up very well."

"I should get recipes from her."

"I don't think that is a good idea Rachel."

"What ? I am not that bad."

"If your friend thinks you need to have an emergency fire department number . It does not look promising."

"I can't be expected to be a Jess's level. She is a chef."

"Fine, I will teach you to cook. It is the only way I will have a piece of my mind."

That will not be so bad. I will spend more time with Dan. Never thought that my lack of cooking skills will come in handy.

"Does your mother usually bring you food?"

"Yes she does, she knows that I suck at cooking."

"Why don't you live with your parents?"

"Since my father passed away my brother and myself were all she had. When I grew older I decided to move out and my brother went to college. We wanted to give mom an opportunity to date. She put her happiness on hold taking care of me and my brother."

"I am sorry to hear about your father." Dan holds my hand and rubs my knuckles. I noticed that he likes doing this a lot. Small touches here and there just to comfort me.

"Don't worry, it has been a long time since my father passed. I have made peace with it."

"I like my personal space. My mother stays with her boyfriend now. Everybody is happy."

"What does your mother's boyfriend do?"

"Joe works as a head of security for some company. I never bothered to get more details. He is sweet guy and he also owns a karate studio."

"Really, what are the odds. I think we are talking about Joe who is my head of security."

"Small world then. You better remember that Joe is a karate champion if you mess with me."

"Has he given you lessons?"

"Yes, he tried but I could not find the time. I was so busy with my articles ."

"My brother loves him though and he went every chance he could get."

"Joe is a nice person. Have you met his son?"

"Yes, he is a friends with my brother.You have no idea what trouble those two have been giving me."

I thought of the last prank they pulled on me and I just smile.

We finish dinner and Dan helps me clean up. Despite my protects but Dan insisted to assist me. He said I'm too clumsy and I might accidentally cut my self with the knives we were using.

"What do you want to do now?" Dan asks me. It is around 7:30pm. It is still early.

"I know what I want to do ." I lay my head on Dan's chest and I put my hand underneath his t-shirt. His breathing accelerates.

"Rachel, I thought we agreed to get to know each other first before we take our relationship to the next level." Dan says whilst he removes my hand from his t-shirt. He kisses my forehead to soften the blow.

I know he wants me as well but if he wants to continue this torture. I am game but I will not make it easy on him.

"Fine, let's watch t.v and cuddle on the couch."

"What do you want to watch?" Dan asks me whilst he mindlessly changes the channel.

" I wanted to catch up on the episodes of the bachelor that I have missed."

"Hell no, I am not watching another man make out with women. You are exactly the same as my sisters."

"It wont be so bad Danny boy,besides I was thinking that whenever they make-out. We will also do the same."

I can see his eyes light up at this suggestion. It means I won. I put on the bachelor, I take off his jacket and throw it on the other couch. 

Dan looks at me questioningly.

"I know what you are doing."

"I have no idea what you are talking about Mr Carter." We cover ourselves with the small blanket and  we watch the t.v.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>