8

Rachel's POV

I get to Shawn's complex. I don't have to sign in and the security guards know me as well. I have the keys to Shawn's apartment. But I don't know, somehow they are surprised and shocked to see me. I know, I have not been here for quite sometime but its strange. Maybe it is all in my head, I wave at them and they wave back. And I go straight to the lift. Shawn is going to be so surprise to see me. I told him that I am going away on business and I am returning Tuesday night.

I just wanted to surprise him today, its his birthday weekend and I plan to spend it with him. I called him earlier today just to make sure that he will be home. He told me that he invited some friends over to watch football and have some beers. 

"Ping"  The sound of the lift opening pulls me out of my thoughts. I open Shawn's front door and I walk into his living room. Strange, the TV is off. Maybe his friends have not yet arrived and he is taking a shower upstairs.I will not call out to him. I want to see his reaction when he sees me.

With that thought in mind, I climb the stairs as quietly as I can. The closer I get to Shawn's bedroom I can hear voices. Are his friends helping him pick out clothes now? That is really not a guy thing.

"Oh Shawn, that is so good....." But  that is a woman's voice, I freeze. It now clicks on my mind that I am about to walk into my boyfriend having sex with another woman. My vision gets blurry for a moment.

" Shawn, Shawn..." The woman says his name again. But something is familiar with that girl's voice, where have I heard it before. My boyfriend is having an affair and it might be someone that I know. Now I am more determined to get into that room and catch them in action. I want Shawn to look me in the eyes and I will not spare him.

 I open the door to his bedroom sharply and the scene before me unfolds.

"Shawn, Julia?" 

" What the f***?"

" Babes, it is not what it looks like?"

I laugh so hard. In fact I have not laughed  like this in a while. Julia pulls the covers  from the bed to cover her body.

" I am so sorry, Rachel" She says.

" You are apologising to the wrong person Julia. You should be more worried about the heart attack you are going to give your husband at age 50." I say to her.

" You guys know each other." Shawn says.

"Really Shawn, that is your main concern right now? I should have known, you refused to go with me to the conference last Friday because you knew that your new girlfriend will be there. "

" I am really stupid , here I am busy planning romantic dinners and planning romantic birthday gateways. Whilst you are busy screwing married women"  I am seething.

"You have no shame, you are disgusting and despicable." I add.

"Babes, please come down. Let us talk about this." Shawn says.

" You know what Shawn, I am actually glad that this happened.  You have been blaming me for all the problems in our relationship. I was punishing myself for no reason thinking that it is my fault whilst you are the problem."  I scream.

"You two deserve each other.  We are over Shawn.  I don't ever want to see your face again." I throw his keys on his face and go out , slamming the door on my way out.

            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>