12

Rachel's POV

"I did not say that out loud did I?"  

"Yes, you did Angel eyes."  Something about him calling me angel eyes. Makes me want to grab his face and kiss the hell out him. 

 I lick my lips instead.I am so glad that he cannot read my mind. Otherwise, he will know exactly what I am thinking. I hope he cannot hear how loud my heart is beating. I panic and I  push him away immediately.

" What are you doing here?" I ask him. I try my best to make my voice sound as normal as possible. I don't want him to know that he has an effect on me.

"Most people would say thank you." He responds. 

" I was perfectly fine, now leave." I am so glad that it is lunch time and the office area is deserted and no one witnessed my downfall. Otherwise, I will be the topic of the day. Which is why, I need to get Daniel out of my office before some people start returning from the canteen.  

"Since, I am not going to get the thank you I deserve from you. I  will ....

"Why are you really here Mr Carter?" I interrupt him.

"I have removed myself from the audit. I don't want anything that will make me interact with you."

" I'm sorry for what I said to you the day we met. "

"That has been eating me alive."  He adds.

 This is happening, Daniel is actually apologising to me. I cannot tell whether he is being genuine or this is one of his playboy tricks.

From the information I gathered from Jess, apparently he is quite the ladies. Models,actresses you name it. And he is not seen with the same girl for a longer  time. Which is why I think that this heartfelt apology is just a performance.

" I know you don't believe me but trust me, I am genuinely sorry. I know I don't have the best reputation when it comes to women and considering the garbage that is written about me in the media."  

I was wrong,maybe he can read minds after all.

" I will admit to some my faults in the past but I am trying to change and be a better man."  He continues talking.

" Mr Carter I don't think..." 

"You don't have to say anything right now. Just think about it."  He looks me straight in the eyes.  I see a flicker of sadness. I think he does not like to show his vulnerability as he quickly returns to his stoic face.I don't know him that well but I think he is actually telling the truth.

" I will leave now, I think have taken enough time from your lunch break."

" Goodbye, Miss Smith."  Then his out of the door without waiting for my response.

                                       >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>